Which header?........

SlimNickel

Registered
I have a 2000, and want to run after-market pipes. The problem that I'm having is, the 2000 model only has the left side(as you're sitting) available to use a slip-on. The right side is through and through. What year/years' header can I use to either do dual slip-ons or single-sided? I've found a bunch of bolt-ons, but the budget will only allow me to do a little bit. I would like to run a shorty megaphone, VooDoo, or another pipe that I can. I've done the stock can chop mod, but it's still not as loud as I would like it to be.

By switching headers, what do I need to be cautious of? Will my engine performance be compromised? I appreciate the help. :(

-Slim-

if you go with wider pipe headers you may lose a little torque if you dont get it tuned but not too noticeable. dont listen to the backpressure nonsense.

I appreciate that. I just want a little more tune. Ridin' hard and quiet is not always a good thing. Cagers can't hear you coming, so they don't look for you.

no problem is what this site is here for :thumbsup:. i have yoshi rs-3 slipons and they were way too quiet so i removed the baffles and packing and it sounds mean now. alot of people tried to tell me backpressure is gonna ruin my low end but its just nonsense. the bike runs the same

I had the same issue with my 01. I'm going to put shorty's on and noticed only the left side was clamp. I cut the right side last night and am going to try and modify it my own way. If i can't clamp around the inner pipe on the right side I'm going to weld a piece of smaller pipe to it. I'll let you know how it works out. I posted that issue on here a coupe days ago and was told they changed both sides to clamps in 2002. We just missed it lol.

On a side note I was also looking at the voodoo shorties but didn't wanna spend the money. Ebay had some cheap ones (less then $100 for the set) and JEGS has a hottip exhaust or something like that for around $27/pipe. But if money is not an option go for the nice ones!

Brock's Short Meg...
Best out there. It's a single out (4-2-1) header. It'll def be loud enough for you.
They even send you a map for your Power Commander.

Last edited:
Back