Which Exhaust to buy?

Sorry to ask a question on a running thread, but it's related:

How do the pipes (mufflers) compare in terms of noise? I want a pipe to shed some weight for the twisties, but I don't want to "broadcast" my escapades any more than necessary.

Muzzy is king!
You can't find a better performing or sounding pipe for the price. If you want a quieter system, I'd go for the Akra, but you'll pay for it. You can get a FULL titanium muzzy system for the price of stainless header Akrapovic....although Muzzy is limited in availablity right now. Your choice.
Martin

[This message has been edited by Martinm2 (edited 03 July 2000).]

Fast Eddie,
How do you like your TB pipe. Is it a full system or slip ons? Which one did you choose and finally, how is the sound and power? Thanks
Lee

I have the tbr 4-2-1 ti oval. I wanted a quiet pipe as well as a lite pipe. I have not been able to compare it to other brands on the busa, but after 3 weeks and 600 miles I`m happy with my choice. I too like cornering and high speed street riding. I also have a pc2 on the 003 map with the high setting at one bar rich.

I'm terrible at decisions, can anyone help on which pipe to put on my 2000 Blue and Silver? My other bike is a 91 GSXR1100 w/ a Vance and Hines SS system. I'm very used to and love the sound that bike and pipe make.
For my Busa I'm leaning toward either Yosh or Muzzy, most likly a 4-2-1 stainless header with a Ti can. Also, I'm ordering a PCII.

i purchased stainless muzzy with oval carbon can from my dealer for $616.00 tax included weighs just 14LBs.

No, run my pipe, no run my pipe, wait no run my pipe, hey how bout this pipe? Pipes are opinions, and like A$$ holes, everyones got em. Get what you can afford and what YOU think looks the best. StarCycle has good prices. I got a RS3 Duplex carbon for $695. But everyone says this pipe sucks so don't buy it. Remember, always listen to everyone else! If they say jump, you jump...

be glad someone gives an opinion and you have the luxury of the final decision.i never press to buy a certain pipe because i will only sell one that works good and is a quality part.did you ever see the face of a customer when his bike makes a poor showing on the dyno???i hate it i feel for the guy.and i always here the same well i did not know that.i only tell what i observe the choice is yours.so enjoy it!

A$$holes are like viruses. Every site's got one and you, know-nothing-learn-nothing-teach-nothing ZXalan, are the a$$hole du jour on this site.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 04 July 2000).]

LeeMI, there are lots of quality pipes out there, and most make comparable horsepower gains. There are weight differences though due to different materials used. Look at Akrapovic, and Ti-Force pipes for unbelievable quality. ALL the world superbike teams use Akrapovic. Honda,Yamaha,Suzuki,Kawasaki and Aprilla dont even make there own exausts for there race bikes. They use Akrapovic. Pretty interesting huh? Go to www. lockhartphillips.com to read more. The final choice depends on your own personal taste and pocketbook. Its great getting opinions off this site to help in your decisions. There are some very knowlegable and nice people here,and always willing to help. P.S. Two Bros,Muzzy,Yoshimura ect... all make quality products.

Picture of busa with carbon Acrapovic: http//members.home.net/martinm210/Pipe-JoesAcrapovic.jpg

Ti-Force website: www.toobee.co.jp/top_e.htm

[This message has been edited by WARBIRD (edited 04 July 2000).]

zxalan, my bike has 1 tooth down in front(i go through at the top of 4th)
stock wheelbase but chain has stretched.
lowered down in back 3 inches.
air box is cut but not gutted.
never dynoed the bike. didnt figure i needed to. i can see the bike makes power with the mph it has.
60' 1.579
330 4.073
1/8 6.128
mph 119.64
1000 7.919
1/4 9.44
mph 147.36
i weigh 176 lbs. without leathers

I have a full Akrapovic "race" system, which by their standard simply indicates that my system has a FULL Ti can. That means the end caps (inlet/outlet) are made from Ti, as is the mid-pipe, the header however, is Stainless Steel. The fit was perfect, the can is closer at the back than stock, and a little higher. The oil filter comes right out, and this has got to be one of the quietest "Race" systems out there. If power is what your looking for, I got plenty of that when I added this system. The only other mods I have done are a BMC filter and the removal of the PAIR valve. My bike easily walks away from a stock Busa at any speed in any gear. I'm happy with it, and should have some photos posted real soon. If you want an Exhaust give Rick or ward a call at Competition Werkes (competitionwerkes.com) a call 800-736-2114. I think it was around $875.00. These guys also make a sweet under fender kit which I will also post with my photos as soon as I get them developed and scanned.

Back