Which Exhaust System Should I Buy?

Mine rested against the oil cooler at installation time, but I followed the installation instructions provided by Brock, supported the cooler and bent it out of the way and gave it the 1/16" clearance called for. All Hindles fit tight, in my experience.. they are known for this and have been since the get-go.

I can tell you, I have never installed a pipe before (I'm not ashamed to say), and if I can do it, then others shouldn't have a problem. I took my time, scraped a few knuckles, but in the end it worked out!

As for the heat.. I have the CF muffler.. I rode for 45 minutes down the highway, stopped and got off, and I could wrap my hands around the muffler - it was warm, but not hot.. So I have to believe Brock when he says he's never had a failure.

hey tom post of pic of your shop busa with the polished carbon can.... we all wanna see what it looks like on a bike!!!!

My pleasure...
biggrin.gif
 I'm not much of a photographer but you'll get the idea. Seeing it in person, it has that glossy look in the closeup picture above.

My Muzzy with everything pulled out of the middle was Godawful loud. My friends would complain that they couldn't hear their own motors to know when to shift. I don't think it added much horse but it was a great equalizer when the Harley dudes came around setting off car alarms with their damn straight pipes. Just crank it a few seconds and let it bounce off the rev liniter and EVERBODY stopped what they were doing to see what was happening! D & D's are really loud but it isn't as deep as I like. More like a high pitched scream that hurts your ears. I have an HMF on the way so I'll know soon enough which of them sounds best- from my opinion anyway.

161 hp on an 02 with the PCIIIUSB, PAIR, and D and D bolt ons. LOOOUUUD!

I was thinking of switching to the Brock Hindle and custom mapping it, but, and this will seem very vain and a little pety, the way the Brock pipe says "Brock's Street Smart Series" above the Hindle logo seems so cheesy (maybe a little cheap) to me. Kinda like the way a package of soap says "NEW AND IMPROVED!!" or "FRESH NEW SCENT!!" I think "BDE Edition" or something to that effect would be a little more tasteful.

172.9 hp Muzzy TI oval , small air box mod , PAIR sucker mod . Tuned by Lee's performance in Charlotte NC

modded_busa.JPG

just got my yosh duplex rs3 oval (carbon can) and love it....pcIII/usb and k/n air filter....no dyno here, just know the throttle response is instant and the sound is sublime.....well worth the investment

Barracks_043.jpg

I would post a pic of my carbon bde but I can't seem to locate the pic.....

Back