Which Exhaust System Should I Buy?

btreaves

Registered
What's up fellas,

I've got a 2000 Hayabusa with 30,000 miles on it. I've had it since new. The bike is bone stock except for a TRE. I have decided to get a new full exhaust system and power commander for my baby this spring, but I haven't decided on which pipe yet. I'm really leaning towards the Brock Davidson system, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. I'm looking for a pipe that will have good low end power as well as top end power and I understand that the Brock pipe is designed for this. I also want a pipe that is light, has good fit and finish and will last. Anyway, what do you guys think and how much horsepower do you think I can expect from installing this pipe or any other.

Send pictures if you've got any. Especially pictures of the carbon fiber exhaust can.

Thanks in advance for any helpful information you can provide.

brock seems to be the way to go
i will be getting brock system after while have D&D 4:2 system right now want to lighten up and get some more power out of.

others i have heard are good are the
akrapovic and ti force
cool.gif

I have a full yosh system and like the sound.  Havent seen/heard the brock system yet, but I do like the sound of my yosh over the D&D I heard yesterday at the bike shop.  I think my major decision was around price.  I got a *steal* from a guy on ebay for a full stainless RS3 race system for ~$350 then had to order a "normal" exit mid pipe so I could keep my passenger pegs.  I loved the look with it set as a high exit but too many friends like to ride.  FYI, if you do go with a Yosh most of the steals are high-exit on ebay..... the "normal" exit mid pipe will run you ~$140 straight from Yosh (the only place I found to get it)
rock.gif

BTW, most everyone here is going to tell you go with the brock
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|zukracer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079636828 -->

hi, i have a hindle full system step header and a hindle titanium canister. it was 760 total!! and the pc3r was 315$ and that was from pipe-city.com they map the the pcr for u. from my understanding there is 2 different kinds of hindle pipes. they told me this one makes alittle more hp. its not very loud, if u want something loud and makes good hp, go with a muzzy. thats what my brother has on his. the people from pipe city told me the hindle and muzzy are the 2 top pipes for a busa. give them a call, they sound like they know what there talking about. oh and dont forget the aluminium fan or the air filter undefined
smile.gif

Bought the Bde hindle gen. 3 from tom at veltune with the polished ti canister......system is killer!!!
race.gif

How about being the first to have a BDE/Hindle system with a polished carbon fiber can? Yep..."polished carbon fiber" (it is a BDE Gen-3 Street Smart system but doesn't have the BDE decals above the Hindle decal yet).  

It is an inexpensive, new option (currently in "Beta-testing"
biggrin.gif
) and not yet on the website > VelTune R&D

I was thinking about the carbon can until I read the following on Brocks website regarding the carbon fiber can.

**Not recommended for excessive high speed use or repeated dyno runs**

I think I'll go with the "Glow" polished aluminum can.

It'll probably last alot longer.

I have the 4-2-1 high mount yosh/the yosh box remap. I am thinking about in the near future going to the BDE III and the power commander. I am going to be done after that (well for a little while)

btreaves - Your choice, of course but the Glow-polished BDE can is actually polished Titanium (not aluminum). FYI > BDE had this to say about the carbon fiber can yesterday: "The carbon should hold up well. It is very high grade...and we modify the inside of the pipe to keep the heat away. We have yet to see a single failure." - Brock.

fstbusa - Amen!

BLU88 - Thanks. It has a 3-D visual effect (depth) when polished that I can't capture with a camera. I put it on my shop Busa to see how it would look and I like it so well that I'm going to leave it on.  
race.gif

Or:

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: "Add pics."|1079855877 -->

If you want a single mounted pipe, you cant beat BDE. I would say that Akra has a bit better fit and finish, but not near enough to make up for $500.

And as said earlier, it make great hp and tq across the rev band...

Well I've made my decision to purchae the BDE system based on the advice of this board and some friends of mine locally. I'm actually gonna buy the "Glow" polished Titanium one.

I guess I'm gonna buy it straight from Brock unless someone has a better deal.

Thanks for the help you provided.

Well I've made my decision to purchae the BDE system based on the advice of this board and some friends of mine locally.  I'm actually gonna buy the "Glow" polished Titanium one.

I guess I'm gonna buy it straight from Brock unless someone has a better deal.

Thanks for the help you provided.
watch that oil cooler line and don't break your cooler getting it to fit
cussing.gif

oil cooler lines need to be adjusted slightly to clear the header tubes
i just installed mine this afternoon. I havent put the fairing back on yet ill do that tomorrow

Back