Which cams to use....?

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I think I've finally decided to swap the stock intake for exhaust cam on my Busa.... Any Op's on this mod..

I was gonna do the Yosh cams. But after talkin to Brock and seeing his dyno results with his exhaust cam I decided to go with that. The Yosh set up doesnt yield the hp gains that the Brock exhaust cam does. The prob on the busa's is the exhaust cam not the intake. So why mess with both?
rock.gif
? plus its cheaper........

What about switching the exhaust cam with an intake and running a different cam for the stock intake? I've been told to check out the Mega-cycle regrinds......

The bare Intake cam pricing is 399.00 from what I can tell plus you'll need to buy an 145.00 adjustable sprocket at whatever price and use an old bearing . I could be wrong on those prices . Correct me if so .:D

Parts411dotcom sells Yoshimura Stage I cams complete with the new bearings and adjustable sprockets for 622.00 . Thats the way I'd go IMO if using stock springs .Actually , that price can be beat on occasion .

Later if you want to step the power up with porting , pistons ect those Yoshimura cams can be retimed for even more power in the Busa engine .

<!--EDIT|mountainmotor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117156873 -->

Going 1397, bigger springs..... Looking to set up a Megacycles 385 intake with swapped (intake for exhaust) on exhaust side.

If you want the stock intake cam for the exhaust side, check out hayabusazone.com, APE sells one with the adjustable sprocket for $279. Best price i have seen, they also will include a second adjustable sprocket for the intake side for $72 extra. This seems to be the way to go for cams unless you can afford the extra expense of the Yoshi ones.

Back