Which are the best air shifter/electric shifter?

A power commander usb can be used as a electric shifter if you buy the hub accesory. You can install the shift kill trigger to your shift linkage for upshift or get a bar mount switch for up an down shifting. Electric shifters never run out of air
biggrin.gif

I just bought the pingel electric shifter brand new, and i want to know if is easy to install and i dont have to cut any wires from the bike. Only plug in and go. Please if anybody know explain it to me. Thank you

No cutting necessary. But you have to tap into the 4 coil wires and tap in a switched hot wire for the switch to work. You don't have to use the clutch lever except when your taking off and stopping.

Someone with experience-

do these work well? Do you have to modulate the throttle at all? Do they shift smoothly?

Or is it basically for max-power blasts when you need to upshift?

Just having trouble conceptualizing actual operation...
rock.gif

I would be interested in knowing more about the pingel shifter too, how difficult is it to install?

I got the pingle electric shifter, tried to install it under faring which I did with no problem. The one problem I had was the spot that the shifter hooked up to the shift arm that comes out of the transmission was too short, not giving the shifter enough of a stroke to get it in to any gear! So now it looks like I will be installing it where pingle wants it, But only after its painted black!!! Then I will have to figure a way to hook it up to my cyclecats rearsets when I get them.

Back