Where's our family tree from?

SHIRO HAYABUSA

Registered
I was on the other day and came across a member who is a mod/admin and their join date is pre-Captain's. What's the history of the .Org? I do believe I read something once about Captain re-opening the .Org or buying it from someone....... (?) If this is true, who ran things then?. How can this be? ????????? Who are my anscestors and where are they now?:rulez::rulez::rulez:

Please move this to random thoughts.

Last edited:
captain used to be a woman and after the successful operation they changed her/his name to Doug:laugh::moon:

there was on old board, now this board, some old guys, some new guys, these guys came, those guys left. Something like that, i think:laugh:

captain used to be a woman and after the successful operation they changed her/his name to Doug:laugh::moon:

:rofl::rofl:
:laugh: Now that's funny.

Yes it is. :whistle:

there was on old board, now this board, some old guys, some new guys, these guys came, those guys left. Something like that, i think:laugh:

So those 'old guys' left. I'm assuming they are the ones who fled to LA and the 'new guys' included Capt. and other like the member I saw the other day who has been here longer than Cap. ???

I was on the other day and came across a member who is a mod/admin and their join date is pre-Captain's. What's the history of the .Org? I do believe I read something once about Captain re-opening the .Org or buying it from someone....... (?) If this is true, who ran things then?. How can this be? ????????? Who are my anscestors and where are they now?:rulez::rulez::rulez:

Please move this to random thoughts.

Just know that Captain wasn't always my screen name... No one knows what it used to be, none of the admins and not even my wife....

Captain started when I opened the new forum on our servers..

Just know that Captain wasn't always my screen name... No one knows what it used to be, none of the admins and not even my wife....

You were an English teacher before the war, yes?

You know....we could actually have some fun with that...guess Captain's pre-captain screen name....just sayin...:whistle:

There are several threads out there with the history of the site... A guy named Chase from Texas owned the domain before me, his screen name was bigdog..... Great guy.... He caught a lot of crap early on for keeping the site clean and friendly, that is why there are spinoffs today, SH.org, Labusas.org all started from the org...

That's intriguing.....Thanks for the input great grandpa or grandma ???? I'm soo confused :dunno: my uncles won't leave me ALONE!! :banghead: They keep telling me you are this person with a past a young buck like me won't understand. Whatever your history is grand-pamah thank you for creating this lovely environment, aside from my :stoopid: and :smileyexhibit: uncles, I can florish in. :laugh:

You know....we could actually have some fun with that...guess Captain's pre-captain screen name....just sayin...:whistle:

Don't wanna stir the pot but grand-pamah must has an interesting past if IT doesn't even want it's husband-wife knowing it issues. Don't ya think. On the other hand, it's very intriguing.

Hey, grand-pamah does anyone know of your history? Not looking for identifying info I'm just curious if anyone knows.

There are several threads out there with the history of the site... A guy named Chase from Texas owned the domain before me, his screen name was bigdog..... Great guy.... He caught a lot of crap early on for keeping the site clean and friendly, that is why there are spinoffs today, SH.org, Labusas.org all started from the org...

That's sad to hear. Too bad there couldn't have been more cohesion. Natural progression I suppose. From what I've read there were a good chunk of people from Texas. Like you Cap, did they also change there names or did most just opt out leaving ther "OB_" name behind? HMMM maybe I'll start a poll of "OG" or "New G" and see who made the transition.

I believe Cap is #2 on the list. I think the #1 spot belongs to Narc.

RSD.

Yet another interesting clue in my quest. I must seek out this distant relative....... thanks uncle rubber

One year ago a member of this site sold his integrity and honor for cash. Without going into details and detracting from the positive spin of this post I can tell you that the proudest and most honored I have ever been was in jan of last year. I turned the operations of this site over to another admin and he stole over 7k in raffle money and prizes donated to the site. When that happenned I did the only thing that I knew to do and that was tell the members and PROMISE to pay them back... When the situation went public members were VERY understanding, my wife and I had wondered how in the world we were going to pay all these folks back that had entrusted our website. I got a call on my cell phone on a sat morning from a member named RSD.... I dont think that I had ever spoken to Andy before that but he tracked me down and told me that he had started raising money to pay back the funds that were stolen. To this day I still cant believe it but the members that were stolen from donated more money to the site to make the problem go away. It has been one year since that debacle unsurfaced and I could never have imagined the support and help the members provided me. There was almost enough money donated to cover the loss..... Andy, thank you for spearheading that.... I can never repay you for that......
I can't stop with out bringing up the true strength of the site The mods and admins are the foundation of this site. Vabusa, RSD, Ninja Eater, professor, Revlis, Jester, Thrasherfox, Kento-Moto, MC Mustang, JWCFBD and the new guy *KS-Waterbug.

Absolutely amazing Cap! These people would be strangers if not for the .Org and look see. I'm riding this train (Org) til is runs out of steam.

Back