Where to tie down

stevo_1978

Registered
Crazy question but Ima new busa owner and Im bout to make a tripback home(about 1200 miles), I reneted a trailer but would like to know where you suggest to hook the straps as not to damage the paint, etc.....Im thankful for any feedback

Around the grips and passenger peg supports.  That's where I tie mine down...

BTW - welcome.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151360934 -->

hi and welcome
also how do i tie down with heli bars?

Thanks for the quick repsonse, former Marine here too, thanks for the welcome
Semper Fidelis!

Must not have been out long, judging by the 1978
smile.gif

Still active here.

welcome to the board! if you go to your local shop, you can get nylon straps that attach on your grips that you can then hook your tie-down straps to so the metal hooks don't damage your grips

welcome to the board!  if you go to your local shop, you can get nylon straps that attach on your grips that you can then hook your tie-down straps to so the metal hooks don't damage your grips
Sounds like you are talking about canyon dancers.... you can order 'em online if you can't find them local.

Attachments

• smile.gif
    smile.gif
    453 bytes · Views: 32
welcome to the board!  if you go to your local shop, you can get nylon straps that attach on your grips that you can then hook your tie-down straps to so the metal hooks don't damage your grips
It is called a "Canyon Dancer". I also recommend getting a piece of felt or something similiar to go under the strap where it crosses your plastics. For the guy with Heli-bars. The Canyon Dancer will work better for you as the heli-bars are a little higher and will help keep the straps off the plastics.

Don

Sailors too dang it.

tounge.gif

Shawn, my clear alternatives integrated tail/brake/unit came in today. So I will be up half the nite, but I will have before and after pics.

Don

I was in the Army... got out last year. I like the fact you get to keep all of the uniforms.
smile.gif
I could talk a lot about my experiences in the military, but I save that for "real life" friends and family.

Live Infantry
Die Infantry
Hooah!

Helibars manual says no straping down with helibars.
I`d say BS. They don`t want to be responsible for possible damage to the bike.

Canyon dancer strap with a 100% cotton towel around it to prevent scratching depending on how wide the trailer is.

Yep--canyon dancer on front and hooked to passenger pegs in back. I Trailored the 'busa from Western New York to South Carolina in April and never had a problem. A good chock is needed too.

Back