Where to Find Stainless Bolts

phierce

Registered
Looking for some stainless hardware for my caliper pinch, caliper mounts F & R, rear brake arm F & R and front axle pinch.

Look in the Yellowpages under Fastners. There has to be a Fastner Supllier in Boston. Some Place Like Fastenal. They got me my bolts for my Hardley Dangerous.

Maybe some of the members that live on the East coast of FLA could get some for you and send them. I know there are tons of retailers in the Daytona area that sell S.S. Hardware. I see them all over the place when we go down for Bike week

Guys , This is the place!! Alloy boltz Tampa 813 645 3185 ask for Michelle. Cheap!! & they know their stuff!!! Man they did me right! So I told'em I send 'em some business.
bowdown.gif

Don't use stainless. It is soft and stretches easily. Get titanium instead. It will cost more but you will have no worries.

next door to me, 30 sec walk. Any SS or chrome bolts you need, SAE or metric... It's REAL handy...Anytime i work on one of my bikes, if i take any bolts or screws out that aren't SS i walk next door and replace 'em...

There are diff grades of SS bolts. They are NOT all soft. But Ti IS better, if you can afford.

Having been in the machine building industry for 20+ years, the thing I have found with SS hardware is that when you install it in to Aluminum or AR Steel it tends to gall and then you have a hard time removing it. This does not always happen but if you over torque or cross thread you are as good as done for. Ti is the way to go. Or Chrome. Hope this helps

Having been in the machine building industry for 20+ years, the thing I have found with SS hardware is that when you install it in to Aluminum or AR Steel it tends to gall and then you have a hard time removing it. This does not always happen but if you over torque or cross thread you are as good as done for. Ti is the way to go. Or Chrome. Hope this helps
you are correct, that is why you should use anti seize any place ss meets aluminuim.

Look in your local hardware store. They all usually stock stainless bolts. Much cheaper than from a bolt place.

you are correct, that is why you should use anti seize any place ss meets aluminuim.
I always Anti Sieze all my fastners unless using Locktight. We have also found that in high corrosion areas (Washdown applications) that lock tighting a fastner works 100 times better than anti sieze. That's because the Lock tight becomes plastic and seals very well and will not wash out like A.S. over time.
Hope this helps someone that has had issues with fastners before

If you want quality, stay away from your local hardware store. They sell the cheapest **** they can by from china. Go to a genuine bolt distributor such as fastnall.

Never sieze is great as it is graphite based and will last a million years on bolt threads and never disipate. If you use never sieze, remember to lower your torque settings as it's supper smooth and you can easily strip the threads if you over tighten.

What works better than never sieze is regular old blue silicone sealant. It never hardens, doesn't damage the threads, makes your bolt release easily and acts like loctite and won't allow the bolt to back out. Great stuff, we use it on all our race bikes.

One other thing I would suggest is to never use hardened bolts on your bike where aluminum is involved. Way to easy to strip out the threads with soft bolts and a sure thing with hard bolts. And, if you ever have to drill out an 8 grade hardened bolt, you'll kick your own arse for not using a softer bolt
beerchug.gif

Back