Where is the question of the day?....

BusaKenVa

Registered
What and/or who sparked you passion for motorcycling? Come on guys and gals I wanna here the stories that started it all for you. Was it the "cool" kid in the neighborhood on an old HD sprint? Was it a father? Was there a certain bike that just "did it" for you? Lets here the stories. Bonus points for including pics. I'm doing this as much for you as I am for me. So lets here them.....

Honestly? I never thought I could operate a motorcycle...I used to ride on the back of my Dad's old motorcycle in Denver; I was 5 or 6 years old. It's only a faint memory, but I do recall the heavy helmet on my head, holding on to him for dear life, having my heart pound out of my chest in utter fear, yet complete excitement...

My grandfather rode some too, and I remember trips out with him in my early teens...got to feel those butterflies all over again...

Over the years, my husband and I pushed for my father to buy a motorcycle because he missed riding. My husband finally started talking about us getting a motorcycle (and I'd ride on the back, maybe eventually learn to ride on my own)...the entire time we talked about and looked at Harleys, I kept thinking 2 things: I will never learn how to operate one, and if my husband's getting a motorcycle, I am too! I know, complete contradiction
wink.gif

So, for me, it was overcoming my fears of thinking I just couldn't ride alone that pushed me to learn in the safest way I could, and wanting to feel that rush that I still remember as a little girl on the back of Daddy's motorcycle!

I wish I had pics of Dad and I on that bike in Denver, but I don't...

One of my pilots had a dirtbike that he rode in to work for awhile. Not much power, hard to start, but seemed pretty cool. Then I needed some alternative transportation because my girlfriend didn't have a car and was driving mine. Along came the Katana 600 and the rest is history (including the girlfriend)!

Always love motorcycles. Parents wouldn't let me get one (not even a mini bike! Yeah I know, boo hoo.) when I was growing up. Bought my first street bike when I was 18, & taught myself to ride it. Been hooked for as long as I can remember.

10 years old in front of my house with three of my friends, My older brother goes flying by on his Honda, right behind him is a North Lauderdale Police officer in chase. I ran inside the house and told my father what I saw and he told me to go unlock and open the side gate so my brother in race in and hide. A did as I was told, but my brother never arrived, so we jumped on our bikes and rode the neighborhood We found him three blocks over with the cop. He got out of the ticket and imprisonment because the cop was a motorcyclist also. Not to mention really layed back. My buddies and I thought what we saw and witnessed in the end was the coolest thing ever. Ever since then I have been hooked. And no, I never ran from the cops..Only my brother is that stupid..
laugh.gif

Honestly everyone's passion for motorcycles starts at childhood. Watch the kids in the minivan turn their little head 180 degrees to peep 1inch over the back of their seats, just to catch a glimpse of Mr/Mrs. motorcycle. Watch the kids dribbling a basketball in their driveway completely forget about the ball as you drive by. Watch the kids on the school bus cheer, scream and through peace signs as you so fashionably cruise by. Yeah, baby the passion for 2-wheels begins in toddler years. Then it grows into madness in Busa years.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

my dad started me with a homemade 3hp briggs n straton minibike at the age of 7.....

been riding dirtbikes 15+ yrs and loved it every since.... just got into street bikes last yr. LOVE IT!!!!

BIKER BOYS !!!!!.......

NOT
love speed and taking off and leaning into the cures with the wind blowing it is like you are in your own world at times
rock.gif

Honestly everyone's passion for motorcycles starts at childhood.  Watch the kids in the minivan turn their little head 180 degrees to peep 1inch over the back of their seats, just to catch a glimpse of Mr/Mrs. motorcycle.  Watch the kids dribbling a basketball in their driveway completely forget about the ball as you drive by.  Watch the kids on the school bus cheer, scream and through peace signs as you so fashionably cruise by.  Yeah, baby the passion for 2-wheels begins in toddler years.  Then it grows into madness in Busa years.  
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
So true! I see my boys obsessing over the motorcycles at ages 1 and 3...

My 3 year old says "Hayabusa" very well, and I've even taught him to say "nanny nanny boo boo...Mommy's bike is faster" to Dad!
biggrin.gif

My one year old gets very excited whenever he sees any motorcycle or a picture of a bike, especially on the back of my h.org t-shirt...he points and says "co-co" (that's 'motorcycle' to a one year old)

Their obsession has begun! But can my heart (and wallet) handle it?!
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I've only started riding last year in September. I knew I was getting the busa in August and I had no experience on a motorcycle at all.

So what did I do? I went out and bought myself a POS Vulcan with a 81 Seca engine in it. Hahah....I used to go cruising with my cousin who thought his 02 G1K was the shid. Needless to say, I had tons of fun on her, but she was only a stepping stone.

I learned most of my skills on the Vulcan. The Busa refined those skills...and is continuing to improve them. She is mad crazy in the straights, and plain crazy in the twisties.

I guess you can say the Busa was my first real bike.

I've wanted a bike since I hit 18, but due to financial restraints, I couldn't. I waited for six years....I went to college and finished, waited for a good job for almost a year, and then landed one. Roughly a year after getting the job, I got the Busa.

I don't think riding will ever be the same.

5 years ago, took the MSF class out of the blue to do something different. No provious experience of any kind, no previous interest. Only interest in expanding life experiences.
smile.gif

Hooked.

Love this tread
director.gif
I guess riding my bicycle...a stingray
springer front fork..with a SLICK rear tire instead of a knobbie.
Then during that time..i was ridin' the bike by this house and i saw internal combution engines next to a their thash can....
Gee mister i said are you throwing those away??? He said yea there junk...oh please can i have one...yea ok he said...
Next thing i know i'm runnin' a 2 1/2 hp engine on our front lawn...just the noise...pop pop pop..internal combution was in my blood!! Then abit later my stepdad built me a mini bike, a 2 stroke that never cleared out....re: SLOW. i was 13--at the time----not to mention our Jacobson 2 cycle lawn mower
when i stood on it and bypassed the governer..and reved it to the moon. NUT's....then finally at 15 and a half..learners permit,
I got to borrow this kid's 90 step though Suzuki..and rode the streets for the first time..45 mph no helmet tee shirt..Nut's
Now a Busa and could not be happier @53...just scared about this new ZX10R..hehe.....
biggrin.gif

Back