Where is the cheapest place to buy a side arm?

Then you'll be fine.
In a Glock I have only seen three things go wrong. None are prevalent or happen regularly but I've witnessed a few, enough to say the below.
First-loss of front sight. easy to fix. either carry a spare and extra stake pin or replace with night sights which are metal.

Factory front sight with plastic stake pin, simply pushes in from underneath. .40s throw em.
495-573-large.jpg

Trijicon metal sight with screw. This is representative of all AFM sights for Glocks.
Little bit of loctite and the screw and sight aint going anywhere.
ThumbnailHandler.ashx?MediaID=1951&size=150.jpg

Second-trigger return spring breaks. Roundcount or reason is unknown as I've seen new ones snap and old ones snap and both last long time.
Easily fixed with a factory replacement know as a 'New York Trigger'. Instead of a spring it is a metal clip that acts the same. Aprox $5.

Above is factory spring which one hook usually snaps. When this happens the trigger will not automatically pull forward. It will simply stay back and not reset.
Bottom is the 'NY trigger'. Indestructible.
GlockTriggerSpringsFULL.jpg

Third-Broken extractor-This was most common on the forty caliber guns, especially the model 23.
Sometimes enough of a portion of the extractor would break and prevent shell ejection sometimes just the lower lip of the extractor would break.
Gun would still function but upon inspection you could see the tip snapped. Get a spare.
g17-extractor.jpg

With a small pin push you can completely disassemble a Glock quick as well as replace all parts easily in the field.
Get a little bag and buy $50 of assorted spare parts as well as a punch and it will last long enough for your grandkids to enjoy.

Youtube video on diassembly you'll see how simple and genius the design is.
At 3:50 mark you can see the spring referred to above. The Ny trigger simply drops inside and works as a clip instead of spring.

Glock factory disassembly tool. All that is needed.
DisplayPic.aspx

Very Nice.

I had an original Blue Delta when they first came out. Had it in the car at a gun show and saw this one.
The rest of the story is easy to figure out. I've never fired it. Since the blue one was well used I knew what it would be like so there it sits.

do you have a cabelas around? The one here regularly has leo trade ins of 9mm 40 and 45 glocks for $395, I have bought 3 and no several people that have bought em with no problems other than one having a weak striker spring.

"Third-Broken extractor-This was most common on the forty caliber guns, especially the model 23.
Sometimes enough of a portion of the extractor would break and prevent shell ejection sometimes just the lower lip of the extractor would break.
Gun would still function but upon inspection you could see the tip snapped. Get a spare"

Had this happen to my 19...9mm
I had some "hot" ammo:whistle: and after a few clips through it I got a physical pop out of it and the magazine dropped out.

Ordered a few new parts and better than new now:thumbsup:

thanks for the information guys. I have a few places i will check around later this week. Wish I had a Cabela's, we do have a bass pro.

Bots regarding your comment on govts and guns. You are partially correct. Money does play a big part in it but reliability is paramount. whether it's a law enforcement agency or military the gun must work and be better than the rest then money becomes a factor. I've seen govts buy Glocks for around $200 a piece but this was after a 60,000rnd test whereas others had more failures.

I remember back in '07 reading this, I had to google it, but I found this:
"From Defense Link:

Smith and Wesson Corp., Springfield, Mass., was awarded on Feb. 15, 2006, a $14,946,139 firm-fixed-price contract for SW9VE 9mm pistols, level 2 duty holsters, and gun oil. Work will be performed in Springfield, Mass., and is expected to be completed by Oct. 30, 2006. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This was a sole source contract initiated on Jan. 25, 2006. The Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, Rock Island, Ill., is the contracting activity (W52H09-06-C-0088)."

The single worst handgun Smith and Wesson ever built as far as reliability and issues, and a $14 million contract with the Gov't. There is no way in hell that these passed the reliability tests if they were the same ones they give the Glocks, Berettas, etc..

Exactly how many revolvers and or automatics have you broken down into seperate peices? I have done many hundreds and your assertion is absolutley false. There are 87 parts in a Smtih 686, there are 40 in a Sig P250, 40 in a GEN4 Glock 22, and 36 in Gen3 Glock 22, and 70 in an original 1911 patent.

As for your other assumption, if the military and govt contracts are all about money then why aren't they using Kel-Tec and Taurus?

You have me there, but kind of comparing apples to oranges. I was referring to simpleness of design as far as rotating cylinder as opposed to floating barrels and moving slide, magazine, etc, etc. No stovepiping, etc with a revolver. If it doesn't go bang, you just squeeze the trigger again, etc, etc. Wasn't trying to get technical on every spring, screw, etc. I don't claim to be an expert, just a hobbyist and a nut..:beerchug:

Try budsgunshop.com I've ordered several from them with no issues. Turn some friends on to them & they can't stop buying
Posted via Mobile Device

I remember back in '07 reading this, I had to google it, but I found this:
"From Defense Link:

Smith and Wesson Corp., Springfield, Mass., was awarded on Feb. 15, 2006, a $14,946,139 firm-fixed-price contract for SW9VE 9mm pistols, level 2 duty holsters, and gun oil. Work will be performed in Springfield, Mass., and is expected to be completed by Oct. 30, 2006. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This was a sole source contract initiated on Jan. 25, 2006. The Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command, Rock Island, Ill., is the contracting activity (W52H09-06-C-0088)."

The single worst handgun Smith and Wesson ever built as far as reliability and issues, and a $14 million contract with the Gov't. There is no way in hell that these passed the reliability tests if they were the same ones they give the Glocks, Berettas, etc..

This is TACOM. I regularly bid on RFQs for this office.
Look here for other requests TACOM Procurement Network - ProcNet
That is one of many sites I frequent looking for things to bid on. In regard to the award you mention. The weapon absolutely would have had to have gone thru extensive testing. The govt is not perfect and does make mistakes as well as we all know there are 'fixes' put in daily for awards on contracts all over the world but the gun would have had to pass rigorous recorded tests. Some offices and bases I deal with are strict in it's adherences but TACOM is ridiculous. You have no idea how complicated it is dealing with them. Read this solicitation. It is for 272 fire extinguishers with an option for same qua later. It's 46 PAGES LONG. http://contracting.tacom.army.mil/confls/sol/SPRDL111R0118/0000.pdf
I have to be familia with all rules and regs in it as well as requirements to deliver. Fire extinguishers! Can't just go to home depot. Govt has to have almost 50 pages of clauses folks like me have to know just to sell them fire extinguishers :banghead:

Glocks suck.Get a sig .45 but for price and quality, cant beat a taurus.Nice affordable hand guns now made here in the USA.I love my sig 45 acp.

I have shot thousands of rounds thru Glocks. Only one jam in the many I have shot. If a Glock sucks then I guess Ill just have to have a sucky ,reliable, accurate, sucky Glock. Since you didnt elaborate on what you find sucky about them, I will just conclude that maybe you just have a preference for others. I will keep my Glock. Thanks ! :beerchug:

I have shot thousands of rounds thru Glocks. Only one jam in the many I have shot. If a Glock sucks then I guess Ill just have to have a sucky ,reliable, accurate, sucky Glock. Since you didnt elaborate on what you find sucky about them, I will just conclude that maybe you just have a preference for others. I will keep my Glock. Thanks ! :beerchug:

Hello Drew! Good to see you bro. I have always liked the Glocks and have never heard anything bad about them.

I was shopping for my Glock 26 and found that the best place was the smallest hole in the wall that I could find. Places like Bass Pro shops can capitalize on their popularity. As long as the gun is new, it doesn't matter where you buy it.

I was shopping for my Glock 26
and found that the best place
was the smallest hole in
the wall that I could find .

Places like Bass Pro Shops

can capitalize on their popularity .

As long as the gun is new ,
it does not matter
where you buy it .

:devil:

Back