Where is the cheapest place to buy a side arm?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Looking at the Glock .40 in model 22 or 23 or 19. I dont like the small grips on the 27. The model 22 has a magazine capacity of 17, the models 23 and 19 only 15 rounds. I am pretty much set on the Glock. Any opinions or experience you can offer? So far Academy has the cheapest prices, 70.00 cheaper than Bass Pro.

Sometimes local guys have best deals.. i live no where near you but theres a local gun/hardware store near me that has several for really good prices and give top dollar for trade ins...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

www.gunbroker.com

This is the EBay for the gun enthusiast. I have bought and sold over 100 guns on this site and I have never had a transaction go south. Funny how the gun owners/dealers (as a percentage) seem to be more straight up than most. Check it out..

Sometimes local guys have best deals.. i live no where near you but theres a local gun/hardware store near me that has several for really good prices and give top dollar for trade ins...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Not that many local brokers, and the one I know I dont think I can trust.

Glocks suck.Get a sig .45 but for price and quality, cant beat a taurus.Nice affordable hand guns now made here in the USA.I love my sig 45 acp.

My friend has the 27 subcompact, and my Dad has the full frame .40 Glock. Neither has ever had an issue after countless rounds. If you want it for a concealed carry, the only downside is the added weight of the .40 caliber round.
In VA the Glock prices for all calibers seem to range from $500 to $575 for the same gun depending on the dealer. The gas money to get the cheaper price ususally outways the price saving here though.

Glocks suck.Get a sig .45 but for price and quality, cant beat a taurus.Nice affordable hand guns now made here in the USA.I love my sig 45 acp.

How many Governments around the world have standing contracts with Taurus? Really, Taurus makes a pretty good boat anchor or hammer but I definately wouldn't want my life depending on their firearms if it really came down to a functioning weapon. Shooting cans in the back yard or turtles on the pond then fine, they make a firearm for that. A flawlessly functioning firearm under any circumstances....I'll pass if I have a choice.

Sig makes good stuff..No doubt about it but they contain more parts than a glock and more parts present the opprotunity for more parts to fail.

Its going to be a Glock. I like the .40 because it is lighter than the 45 and just a tad more potent than the 9mm. Combined with a hollow point or hydrashock it should stop just about anyone it the need ever arose. I am not concerned about concealed carry.

Thanks Rod, I dont know anyone with an FFL, and those prices are just 30 below asking price here local.

James don't forget to factor in sales tax if you buy local.
Online there is no sales tax. On gunbroker there is a tab you can click
Find a FFL. You can put in your zip code and it will list dealers who have already said they are willing to help you transfer the weapon in and to you. I have a guy who does mine for $25. Although in the end when your talking about a $500 dollar pistol it's six in one hand and a half dozen in the other.

The Glock is a great weapon. Excellent design for it's intent. A general purpose semi automatic pistol that is durable and reliable. Expect it to have match grade accuracy or be as consistently accurate as an $800 Sig and you will be disappointed. Drop it in the sand pick it up and expect it to work and you will be delighted. Glocks are loose and open for a reason. They shed crap and function.

What kind of price are you looking at because I may know where a NIB model 19 with factory Trijicon sights and six hi cap mags could possibly be :whistle:

I've got a basically new (100 round thru it) glock 22 I'm looking to get rid of. It's a gen 4. I don't know about selling to someone out of state though, but pm me maybe we can figure something out...
I guess I'm not a glock guy. I have 2 springfield xd's and they fit my hands better and feel like higher quality guns than the glock.

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

I've got a basically new (100 round thru it) glock 22 I'm looking to get rid of. It's a gen 4. I don't know about selling to someone out of state though, but pm me maybe we can figure something out...
I guess I'm not a glock guy. I have 2 springfield xd's and they fit my hands better and feel like higher quality guns than the glock.

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

Bots you can sell it to him no problem. You would just need to take the weapon to a FFL dealer and pay him to ship it to a FFL TwoTone finds on his end. Gun comes in TwoTone goes in to complete paperwork, have instant check done or whatever they do in his state and he goes home. It's done every day.

Thanks for the information guys. I am not willing to spend to spend over 6, and thank you bots, but I want a brand new in the box pistol this time. I appreciate the offer. :beerchug:

Glocks suck? Wow. Sigs are great too but they all have different things you have to get accustom to with range time. Everyone is different. If you are military go to a real Glock dealer and get the Glock factory discount. Ex military may work too. That price will be hard to beat. 399 here at our dealer for the model 22.

You could always come to one of the gun shows here in Texas, we have them all the time. You can get a good deal there. You can also find good deals on ammo. I have a .45 and a 9mm. Never liked the .40 Glock due to the jerky recoil.

Back