Where is the cheapest place to buy a side arm?

How many Governments around the world have standing contracts with Taurus? Really, Taurus makes a pretty good boat anchor or hammer but I definately wouldn't want my life depending on their firearms if it really came down to a functioning weapon. Shooting cans in the back yard or turtles on the pond then fine, they make a firearm for that. A flawlessly functioning firearm under any circumstances....I'll pass if I have a choice.

Sig makes good stuff..No doubt about it but they contain more parts than a glock and more parts present the opprotunity for more parts to fail.

I would NEVER buy a gun or basically ANYTHING based on Government contracts. That has WAY more to do with money than quality, don't believe for a second that it doesn't..

And by your theory of the more parts = more failure, we should all ditch our automatics for revolvers. :whistle:

Hey Brother,
If it enters into your consideration, the Glock 22 is a 15+1(15 in mag, one in chamber) and the 23 is a 13+1, both in .40 S&W. The 17 is a 17+1, and the 19 is a 15+1, both in 9mm. I'd suggest you try and find a local range that rents, or possibly some local shooter who would allow you to compare the different models to see which feels most comfortable to you, in your hand. The .40 does have a slightly "snappier" recoil impulse. I've heard it suggested of about 20% greater.

With that said, I'm a LE Firearms Instructor and former Academy Instructor, and have taught and seen taught a variety of folks, younger to older, male and female, the .40S&W in our issue H&K USP LEM without any real issues beyond inexperience, apprehension and pistol fit. Given the choice, I'd much prefer the Glock line be our issued weapon, but that's above my pay grade.

I personally carried a Glock 22 daily off duty for five years, before moving to a Glock 35 for the last ten years or so. It remains one of my authorized off duty weapons, though my primary is now a ParaOrdnance P14/45 LDA Limited in .45 ACP.

Good luck with your purchase! I hope this helps...
Respectfully,
Harry

Thanks for the information guys. I am not willing to spend to spend over 6, and thank you bots, but I want a brand new in the box pistol this time. I appreciate the offer. :beerchug:
No problem at all, just have been looking to unload it, and saw your post:thumbsup:
Good luck whichever way you go. Hopefully you've shot a Glock already, etc. Just hoping you aren't buying one for the name/hype. I've heard alot of bad things about the Gen4 Glocks and reliability is all. I don't have any issues with mine, (although only 100 rounds or so) I just don't like the feel of it in my hand is all, and the recoil seems worse than my XD45...:beerchug:

I love the 45. Carry a 36...With extra mag. Been thinking about a 30 thought for the extra capacity...plus my 21 mags will go right in...

Join okshooters.com and boomershooter.com. Those places have pretty active classifieds and some sponsors that may be able to help you out. I have a buddy in henryetta that sales alot to leo may give him a call, tm enterprises, have you checked oklahoma police supply
Posted via Mobile Device

Join okshooters.com and boomershooter.com. Those places have pretty active classifieds and some sponsors that may be able to help you out. I have a buddy in henryetta that sales alot to leo may give him a call, tm enterprises, have you checked oklahoma police supply
Posted via Mobile Device

I have not checked with them, 61st and Garnett? didnt think they sold to the public.

Don't forget about armslist.com too. Its like craigslist for guns. Local stuff. I would assume there is an OK one since there is a WI one. Although, we are a bunch of gun totin' hillbillies up here... :whistle:

I just bought my newest glock from a local dealer who supplies the local PD so I got a great deal on a blue label 9mm. We have a TON of gun shows around here as well always have great deals there esp if you have cash

TTV, i've got a 22 and a 27 and you are more than welcome to try them out...i would find a dealer that had both the 22 and the 23 to see which fit my hand better if i was you and go from there...i've never had any kind of issues with hundreds of rounds put through both of mine :beerchug:

Glock on left is model 22 with at least 20,000 rnds thru it as I carried it for years on range. Glock in middle is model 19 NIB. Para Ordnance is another gun I carried and competed with many times. Colt is NIB Custom 10mm.
671ba253.jpg

What's brought you to the decision to buy a Glock? Have you fired them before?
Reason I ask is because they do have a unique trigger action as well trigger pull/feel.
Some folks don't like it others don't mind it most get over it. Just curious if you've thrown a few down range with a Glock. I'm suggesting the night sights not because of the glow in the dark feature but because they are metal front and rear whereas the factory ones are plastic. Also the Trijicon sights have great dots on them which are very easy to pick up. On a Glock the factory front plastic sight is staked into slide from underneath with a plastic pin. I've seen more than one Glock lose it's front sight on range. The glow in the dark aspect is not as big deal as the fact that the night sights are much more durable and the front one is secured with a screw from underneath and holds tight.

Bots regarding your comment on govts and guns. You are partially correct. Money does play a big part in it but reliability is paramount. whether it's a law enforcement agency or military the gun must work and be better than the rest then money becomes a factor. I've seen govts buy Glocks for around $200 a piece but this was after a 60,000rnd test whereas others had more failures.

I have fired the Glock before, but not extensively. I have owned colt and ruger. I want something a little different that will last for many many years.

I would NEVER buy a gun or basically ANYTHING based on Government contracts. That has WAY more to do with money than quality, don't believe for a second that it doesn't..

And by your theory of the more parts = more failure, we should all ditch our automatics for revolvers. :whistle:

Exactly how many revolvers and or automatics have you broken down into seperate peices? I have done many hundreds and your assertion is absolutley false. There are 87 parts in a Smtih 686, there are 40 in a Sig P250, 40 in a GEN4 Glock 22, and 36 in Gen3 Glock 22, and 70 in an original 1911 patent.

As for your other assumption, if the military and govt contracts are all about money then why aren't they using Kel-Tec and Taurus?

Glock on left is model 22 with at least 20,000 rnds thru it as I carried it for years on range. Glock in middle is model 19 NIB. Para Ordnance is another gun I carried and competed with many times. Colt is NIB Custom 10mm.
671ba253.jpg

What's brought you to the decision to buy a Glock? Have you fired them before?
Reason I ask is because they do have a unique trigger action as well trigger pull/feel.
Some folks don't like it others don't mind it most get over it. Just curious if you've thrown a few down range with a Glock. I'm suggesting the night sights not because of the glow in the dark feature but because they are metal front and rear whereas the factory ones are plastic. Also the Trijicon sights have great dots on them which are very easy to pick up. On a Glock the factory front plastic sight is staked into slide from underneath with a plastic pin. I've seen more than one Glock lose it's front sight on range. The glow in the dark aspect is not as big deal as the fact that the night sights are much more durable and the front one is secured with a screw from underneath and holds tight.

Bots regarding your comment on govts and guns. You are partially correct. Money does play a big part in it but reliability is paramount. whether it's a law enforcement agency or military the gun must work and be better than the rest then money becomes a factor. I've seen govts buy Glocks for around $200 a piece but this was after a 60,000rnd test whereas others had more failures.

Is that 10MM a Delta Elite?

Back