Where can I find these items???

SHWELL

Registered
I have seen a set of hard bags for the Busa, but I think they were offered in the earlier models. I have '02, and would like to use it as a sport tourer (occasionally). The windscreen viser is something I have read on this board a couple of times. If you guys know where I can find these I would greatly appreciate it. I will understand if these things are not avail, but I had to try. Thanks! Oh yeah, how much does it usually run to get a Busa Chromed (frame, Swing arm and rims).

As was said you can go to Beetle bags and for the chroming average is about 500-600 to get the rims done, and the swing arm is about 350 average. I got my rims and swingarm done for 720 including shipping back to me (that is triple dipped) at CHROMER . Anywhere you send it right now is going to take you 3-4 weeks if not more to get the rims and swingarm back. Most people polish the frame it is not that bad. Me and my girl can do a frame in 2.5 days. It is just time consuming. We just sat down and for 2 days straight (5-6 hrs per day) and knocked it out while all of my stuff was getting chromed. Post some pics of the busa.

Thanks Grinch and Rich. Those Corbin bags are outrageously overpriced. THey look good though. Hey Rich I see you are at Travis, are you active Air Force? I am an Air Traffic Controller, and I am on my way to Nellis. Hopefully I can find a place that does good Chroming.

Ya I am in the AF I am a crew chief on C-5's. I would not mind coming over to nellis. Where I sent mine they are good priced and I will post pics as soon as it all gets here. They did my friends 1k and it looks awesome. That is why I sent mine there. How long you been in??

I have been in for eight years, I just x-trained into ATC, I was previously a Finance doop (troop). I did not like the whole desk job thing and it is no fun dealing with pay problems. I just reenlisted for another 6 years and got the mega bonus, so everything is looking up for me. I even got an assignment worth being happy about ( I am sataioned att Wright Patt Oh right now, and I was at Eielson up in Alaska), so I have had my fair share of winters.I will be in Vegas at the end of April, I hope to get my bike done this summer, but I don't want to miss any of the good rides, so I may just get my R6 done in the mean time. We'll see how it works out. The Busa is new to me and is taking some getting use to, but I think I can manage.

Yes it is a little (
wink.gif
) different than the r6. If I ever get out that way I will look you up, and if you are ever out here you should do the same!! I have been in for 5.5 and have been at Travis the whole time, I like it up here. Alaska, I would not like that at all, I hate the cold.

LOL, the cold is not the real problem, it's the darkness. But the summers try really hard to make up for it. It is one of the most beautiful places I have been in the world. I will def look you up in the future, I will be taking alot of trips to Cali.

Back