Where can I find 03' paint codes?

ICBenny03

Registered
I had a tangle with a guardrail about a month back and I need to re paint my faring, I was wondering if anyone would know where I could find the 2003 paint codes so I can get a close to perfect match...paint wise...thanks!
rock.gif

You won't find 'em anywhere....believe me .....I tried after laying mine down. Suzuki doesn't even know them. Luckily, I found a really sharp paint mixer here at Louisville Auto Paint and with nose piece in hand, he mixed me a pint each of perfectly matching silver and gray. Can't tell it from factory......hope you have the same luck.....just take your pieces to someone you trust and hope they do a good job. If you're near Louisville...his name is Donnie. What colors do you need? I do have alot left over......next time, I think I'm going to change the whole color.

We'll I'm in the same boat. I need just enough for my undertail kit. I called my Suzuki dealership and they got me prices of $89 for a pint of silver, then I would need the base coat and clear! Does anyone know if a pint or quart would do it? It's just for my fender eliminator kit, the one like Rhythm's got.

I will let ya know the "code" or any info on the can when I get it!

marcus

I still havent had luck with Suzuki, you are right techbum, I dont know anyone at this point with some paint skills, I may end up going custom, but, my busa is the 03' black and dark grey. I may just go with an EPI full body kit and repaint the whole thing, may be fun...let me know if anyone comes up with codes, I have them for 99-02 if anyone needs them...

Marcus, I see you are from Corning, I'm from Horseheads...I'm assuming you know where that is, small world, I have the codes for 99-02 if you need them. Give a shout out!

ICBenny03, Your from HHDS? WOW, I know many people from HHDS. I thought I was the only one with a busa from around here. I know there's a guy in Sayre PA. that has a black/silver 2003 that I talked to on the pride ride. I'm 23 and went to southside Highschool. Do you know Parmenter's, Karski, Haskell, Nelson? anyone ring a bell? I work at Prudential in HHDS. Look for me on the road.

We'll I'm in the same boat. I need just enough for my undertail kit. I called my Suzuki dealership and they got me prices of $89 for a pint of silver, then I would need the base coat and clear! Does anyone know if a pint or quart would do it? It's just for my fender eliminator kit, the one like Rhythm's got.

I will let ya know the "code" or any info on the can when I get it!

marcus
Hey marcus,

$89 for a pint sounds to be about right for silver base coat. On that note, you say that you'd still need base coat and clear... The silver is the base coat. Maybe you mean primer or sealer?

Anyway, based on my painting background I'd say that a pint might be enough to paint all the bodywork on a Hayabusa. A quart surely would be too much. Most base coats I spray with mix one to one with the thinner/reducer. A pint of color makes a quart of sprayable material. A quart of sprayable will usually put a full coat on a small to medium car body. Should put at least three good coats on busa bodywork.

I don't know what a fender eliminator kit is but if it's only a small portion of the bodywork on the busa a pint would be way more than enough.

There is a good painting guide in the modification forum on this site. Good pointers and pretty much covers all the basics. If you have questions feel free to post them or e-mail me. I'd be more than happy to share what I know on the subject.
biggrin.gif

I still have a few connections in the paint industry so I might could get the '03 codes. I'll see what I can dig up...

Later...

Ok, I had a brain fart. I guess I knew what the fender eliminator kit was (eliminates rear black plastic fender?), I just went blank for a minute. A pint should be way, WAY more than enough to paint what you'd need to paint to eliminate the rear fender. If that's not what you're talking about then I guess I am lost after all...  
tounge.gif

I'd love to be able to paint pieces like this and maybe a few bikes for fellow riders. I don't know about shipping freshly painted stuff though. Too much can happen in shipping.

I plan to custom paint my own busa eventually. I have two trick custom schemes in my head that I'd like to try but I can't decide which one to go with. May have to buy another busa so I can do 'em both! Or, maybe I could buy a cheap used 600cc rocket to paint and ride as well? Hmmm... My busa has given me the sport bike bug really bad!!!
cool.gif

Gixx1300R,

No '03 GSX1300R codes listed on color-rite.com yet. Wonder if it's the same as '02? They have a code for Metallic Sonic Silver in '02...

I called Color Rite the other day, they said I would need the Factory color name or the color number and they'd make the paint.  With that said, can anyone pry the color code for the 03 Orange out of Suzuki?  
mad.gif

Let me see what I can do... I'll post here as soon as I find out something. Maybe I can make a few calls tomorrow and get us something.

I called Color Rite the other day, they said I would need the Factory color name or the color number and they'd make the paint.  With that said, can anyone pry the color code for the 03 Orange out of Suzuki?  
mad.gif
My buddy called Color Rite and told them the year, make and model and they shipped him his beloved orange. Maybe you didn't ask nicely enough.

I found info on your orange you are looking for...hope this helps:

Color # FJ8
Color description 0MT, YS7, YC6
Candy Koran Orange

Color-Rite 800-736-7980

Good luck...:cool:

Marcus, I def know all of the guys you are talking about, I went to HHDS high and graduated 99' my busa is a black and silver 03' I didnt make the pride ride. My busa is in pieces right now, I'm working on a custom paint, new undertail, full system exhaust and a bunch more small cosmetic changes...wont see me on the road with my busa this year, but I have an Harley so maybe you'll hear me around...

Ride on!

Back