When will the '08 Busa be available?

BangkokBusa

Registered
Anyone have an accurate idea of when this sweet bike will be for sale? I was going to buy a '99 copper, but no longer!

Kurt
jump9.gif

post_6_05375_2008Busa.jpg

I'm sorry. But I read the original post in which that pic was shown and since everyone seemed to like it, I decided to stay quiet. BUT SCREW THAT!!! I'LL BE THE FIRST!!

THAT IS ONE UGLY @$$ BIKE!

If that's what the new Busa looks like, I don't give a crap HOW fast it is! I'll never trade my bike in for that! The only ... and I mean ONLY cosmetic change I'm diggin' is the look of the headlight. Aside from that it looks like someone fish-hooked that thing!

If you don't know what I mean by that ... curve your index finger into the shape of a hook, place it in the side of your mouth (like a hook in a fish), and pull back.

Gawd that thing is ugly. Maybe it'll look better in person

Unless the thing performs like a gazelle, the appearance upgrades aren't very innovative.  8 years and this is what they came up with?  8 years!
Metallica syndrome anybody?
It's hard to get a feel for the bike in a hazy picture, but it's clear enough to
see they could have knocked my socks off and didn't.  
rant.gif

that picture is NOT the photo. it is drawing. no fairing bolts and center frame pillar should be visible from that angle. Lighting is also incorrect.

We`ll see tomorrow.

(GMbusa @ Jun. 26 2007,23:39) Your on crack if you think that bike looks bad.
Not on crack .. just honest. With others as well as myself.
wink.gif

I'm actually not too keen on it either... I mean, it ain't Horrible lookin, but I don't like alot of the little stuff like the turn signal lines, headlight (looks likr they mated a Gixxer thou and busa headlight), and the tail section... I just don't like the flow of it...

I was expecting a total disaster.  Hoping they wouldn't try and mix the 1K design and the Busa together.  

Now if this is really it, then sign me up.

(GMbusa @ Jun. 26 2007,23:50) I was expecting a total disaster.  Hoping they would try and mix the 1K design and the Busa together.  

Now if this is really it, then sign me up.
If thats the case, hold onto the 1397 Busa till I graduate next year... My plan's to buy a busa and build a 1397 for it when I graduate, that would take out the middle part and help you to get the 08...
biggrin.gif

I gotta say that based on the pic we've seen, I'm not impressed either. I wont say it's ugly, but its been WAY overhyped.

I thought I was the only one. I hope that's just a poor computer generated "prototype" pic and the real deal has smoother lines. The lines around the ram air/signals is the equivalent of the George Foreman Grills to me. The hump doesn't look like it matches up with the tail section lines either.

I don't see how anyone could not like it. It looks like the current model. Not very unique. Looks like something they should have done 5 years ago.

Not different enough for me to trade in my LE. Unless the thing is a 1400 and does the 1/4 in 8 or 9 secs.

(busabutter @ Jun. 26 2007,21:35) I don't see how anyone could not like it.  It looks like the current model.  Not very unique.  Looks like something they should have done 5 years ago.  

Not different enough for me to trade in my LE.  Unless the thing is a 1400 and does the 1/4 in 8 or 9 secs.
If you can ride you can do a high 9 sec run in the quarter with the 99 - 07 Hayabusa.
poke.gif

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 26 2007,21:13) I thought I was the only one.  I hope that's just a poor computer generated "prototype" pic and the real deal has smoother lines.  The lines around the ram air/signals is the equivalent of the George Foreman Grills to me.  The hump doesn't look like it matches up with the tail section lines either.
They look like wrinkles (on the nose). It's a mature Busa, 10 years old, all grown up.

Can't wait to see the '08; I am keeping my '04 LE no matter what the new one looks like.; however I might spring for a '09 or '10 then I will have the old and new Busa's
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I like it, it's hard to tell from pictures. But the colors don't bother me, i paint all my bikes black anyway. any remove all stickers. I'll wait till i see all the specs (brake upgrade? inst cluster upgrade? lighter (real #s) before i say i'll buy 1 right away. But chances are there will be a new busa in my future lol.

yeah,cant really judge from the pic but it was hyped a bit too much to just have a few minor adjustments...right from the get go id have to change the ugly rear set and remove the bulky passenger set completely

Back