Dillsburg, Pennsylvania

steven

Registered
Does anyone live near here that is willing to go check out a '99 Copper 'Busa that is for sale at a car dealership for me??

The bike is currently listed on eBay -- 11/2/08

Steven

20 miles north of me....not a problem.

That would be totally cool if you could do this, Bro. I would appreciate it immensely.

I've purchased 2 Hayabusa's via the internet previously (one from mass., and another from pennsylvania) and have been very fortunate in that both purchases turned out to contain two near-perfect 'Busas.
I'm kinda pushing my luck here with a third possible purchase without seeing the bike first, in my opinion.

Could you verify if the bike is sound in all ways?? Smooth motor, tight transmision, plastics, electrics, etc....?

Please, don't feel obligated to do this, by the way!!

Thanks a million,
Steven

P.S. There's a member here named PHIERCE to vouch for my integrity, if needed.

That would be totally cool if you could do this, Bro. I would appreciate it immensely.

I've purchased 2 Hayabusa's via the internet previously (one from mass., and another from pennsylvania) and have been very fortunate in that both purchases turned out to contain two near-perfect 'Busas.
I'm kinda pushing my luck here with a third possible purchase without seeing the bike first, in my opinion.

Could you verify if the bike is sound in all ways?? Smooth motor, tight transmision, plastics, electrics, etc....?

Please, don't feel obligated to do this, by the way!!

Thanks a million,
Steven

P.S. There's a member here named PHIERCE to vouch for my integrity, if needed.

I found the auction. I will call them later. I can't tell the dealership from the pics. The odds of them letting anyone ride the bike is not good. The best I am betting they will give is hearing the motor run and some revs. Want pics and video?

I found the auction. I will call them later. I can't tell the dealership from the pics. The odds of them letting anyone ride the bike is not good. The best I am betting they will give is hearing the motor run and some revs. Want pics and video?

Totally!!

Wow, thanks so much!!

Steven

Totally!!

Wow, thanks so much!!

Steven

I just called....Typical Salesman :rofl:

Lot price is $6990:laugh: They're shooting for the moon IMHO...

He says they have an 05 also.

No test drive but I explained the situation and he said he has no problem riding the bike and showing us a good 2nd gear shift and romp to prove its good:thumbsup:

I laughed and stated that might be best since I want to video tape it.

you want the 05 checked out also?

I just called....Typical Salesman :rofl:

Lot price is $6990:laugh: They're shooting for the moon IMHO...

He says they have an 05 also.

No test drive but I explained the situation and he said he has no problem riding the bike and showing us a good 2nd gear shift and romp to prove its good:thumbsup:

I laughed and stated that might be best since I want to video tape it.

you want the 05 checked out also?

The '05 too? No, just the '99. It's the only one I've been dreaming of....

I can't tell you how appreciative I am!

Thank you very much,
Steven

Man, I just love the original!!!

What a beauty! :thumbsup:

Great peeps on the prowl for you over there, too...very nice of S4L to go the distance for you!!

.oRg Style...

Bike is not mint...notice touch up paint on right side lower:

View attachment 1510624

Scuff on front fender (yes paint is gone)

View attachment 1510625

scratch on hump (deep one)

View attachment 1510626

View attachment 1510627
View attachment 1510628
View attachment 1510629
View attachment 1510630
View attachment 1510631
View attachment 1510632
View attachment 1510633

In post thought I should've gotten pics of the engine numbers. Cables were routed in front of the VIN. No clue if any damage is under the bra. He said, previous owner got the bike with 2,500(ish) miles and rode it until now.
Grab handle and rear seat are included but I didn't see them. He had no clue if the CCT recall was completed or not.

He said that the reserve is met and the bike sells right now at this point. He also went on to say he has turned down a $6k offer locally (might be salesman b/s talk since I think he thought I was interested)

Oil looked clean, overflow tank fluid looked good shade of green and no sludge on bottom(no bubbles). Bike sounded good at idle, some popping on decel on the highway but not unheard of from a bike that wasn't well warmed up. Sounded like it shifted from 2nd as promised but obvious he wasn't romping on it.

Aftermarket Suzuki gel seat and the tank bra are the only mods I saw.

Man, you have got to love this site (people) !!

Suzuki4Life, you're a solid dude !! I've known some people my whole life, and couldn't get them to do all that for me, LoL.

Man, you have got to love this site (people) !!

Suzuki4Life, you're a solid dude !! I've known some people my whole life, and couldn't get them to do all that for me, LoL.

if the weather would've been better and my gixxer wasn't literally sitting on the cords of the rear tire, i would've ridden the turbo gix up and tested out my new camera mount I made.

Wow, you've done a fantastic job of checking this good-lookin' '99 Copper for me, Bro. I can't thank you enough for your service!
I'll keep you posted.

Are you interested in a few bucks for your troubles???

Wow, you've done a fantastic job of checking this good-lookin' '99 Copper for me, Bro. I can't thank you enough for your service!
I'll keep you posted.

Are you interested in a few bucks for your troubles???

Good you liked and hopefully you'll own it.

Money, nahhhhh......I had fun. I'm a bike o holic. :welcome:

Back