Rear Shock

m_ridgeway

pipeline trash
Donating Member
Registered
is there a difference between a 99-07 rear shock and an 08-current? can they be interchanged at all?

anyone have a 2008+ o.e. rear shock for sale?

Part Numbers:
K7: 62100-24F60
K8: 62100-24F40

Although they have different part numbers, my guess is they are interchangable and the different part numbers identify internal updates?

I'm sure someone will chim in that actually know if they are interchangable!

Part Numbers:
K7: 62100-24F60
K8: 62100-24F40

Although they have different part numbers, my guess is they are interchangable and the different part numbers identify internal updates?

I'm sure someone will chim in that actually know if they are interchangable!

ive been looking at some pics of them and they look pretty close. thats kinda what i was thinking too was internal differences, but dunno. that wouldnt matter to me though as im looking for one to send off so i dont have down time and can get a head start on the work since im not home yet.

Dang, by the time I did some research and posted advice..... the question about part numbers was answered.....

I am too slow...

Last edited:
You can go to Flat Out Motorcycles Indianapolis Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha KTM Motorcycle ATV Dealer - Flat Out Motorcycles - Aprilia & Scootersand use the parts fiche there to see if they have different part numbers, thats a decent way to see if one part number works in different applications. I have done that many times to see what fits what.

What happened that makes you want to change the shock? I dont know if they retro fit but I doubt one has handling prowess over the other...

im gonna be home in about a week and dont wanna have to waste another week getting mine resprung and revalved.

also im gonna keep two, one for 10+ drag race, the other for 6+ street occasional 2up riding

2007 part #s

17SKU: 62100-24F40
ABSORBER ASSY, REAR SHOCK E3,E331$847.8317SKU: 62100-24F30
ABSORBER ASSY, REAR SHOCK E28

2008+ part #s

17SKU: 62100-24F60
ABSORBER ASSY, REAR SHOCK E3,E331$847.8317SKU: 62100-24F50
ABSORBER ASSY, REAR SHOCK E28

Looks like they have different part #s ?
DOnt know if this makes it a diff part or not.

im gonna be home in about a week and dont wanna have to waste another week getting mine resprung and revalved.

also im gonna keep two, one for 10+ drag race, the other for 6+ street occasional 2up riding

Why not take the money you'll spend on a revalved/sprung OEM shock, go to http://www.kyleracing.com/ and talk to Dan Kyle. Spend an additional $300 on an Ohlins. Have Dan spring it for your needs and GetRdone right the first time.

Money well spent! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Why not take the money you'll spend on a revalved/sprung OEM shock, go to sato rearsets kyle racing sliders at kyleracing.com and talk to Dan Kyle. Spend an additional $300 on an Ohlins. Have Dan spring it for your needs and GetRdone right the first time.

Money well spent! :beerchug:

cause its about 700 more than i'll spend on a redone o.e. unit including buying the spare.

they are probably, well deffinately a better unit than a stock one, but i can get a penske unit a couple hundred cheaper than a ohlins, that would be more accurate. if it were a trackday type bike, the ohlins would be the way i'd want to go.

Matt if your needing a Stock Shock I have one you can have. also has a stock spring on it, Came off my 07, So if you find out it will work its yours.

I'v been thinking about getting an 08+ shock so I can still ride when I send my out to be re-valved/re-sprung.

also 08+ have a heavier spring, could that be why they have different part#

Matt if your needing a Stock Shock I have one you can have. also has a stock spring on it, Came off my 07, So if you find out it will work its yours.

hey thanks, when i come home we can try it on. if it bolts up we'll know.

did you buy a new rear shock?

They are different. Sent this out a short bit ago for an 08. Just plain sexy.

Img_6709_ohlins_800.jpg

:easy: Suzuki Öhlins Shocks for Suzuki Motorcycles | Pashnit Moto

Img_6709_ohlins_800.jpg

ohlins = way too much money for a shock.

1100+ no thanks

Last edited:
yea those ohlins are some nice looking shocks no doubt. All of their componentry is some top knotch stuff.

1100+ no thanks

What do you think is reasonable then? Where I'm at with sport bikes suspension is the best spot to put my money.

1100+ no thanks

I think you are looking at the high end racing shocks. One of my friends was quoted $650 today for a brand new Ohlins shock all set up for his needs @ Kyle Racing - Roadracing Motorcycles

Give Dan Kyle a call (866) 667-4925, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the price depending on which shock you buy. The Ohlins top end TTX 336 $1125.

Dan is very well schooled on Ohlins suspension. He can send you a unit all set up for your particular set up and it won't cost you all that much more than having an OEM shock revalved and sprung.

And the best part is, when you get ready to part ways with the bike, you can see your Ohins shock quickly for top dollar. You won't get much from your investment in a revalved OEM shock. :beerchug:

I think you are looking at the high end racing shocks. One of my friends was quoted $650 today for a brand new Ohlins shock all set up for his needs @ Kyle Racing - Roadracing Motorcycles

Give Dan Kyle a call (866) 667-4925, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the price depending on which shock you buy. The Ohlins top end TTX 336 $1125.

Dan is very well schooled on Ohlins suspension. He can send you a unit all set up for your particular set up and it won't cost you all that much more than having an OEM shock revalved and sprung.

And the best part is, when you get ready to part ways with the bike, you can see your Ohins shock quickly for top dollar. You won't get much from your investment in a revalved OEM shock. :beerchug:

i did call him when you first posted it up, he didnt offer anything other than the $1125 setup.... i asked what he thought about a redone o.e. unit and he said what i figured, its a band aid.

yea, ohlins is gonna keep its value and add value to the bike, but if all they i can get is the higher end 1100 unit, im just not that serious about it. its mostly a streetbike that i plan on running when i have the time.

was your buddies a busa? maybe they dont have the same setup for the busa.

for 625 ill be all over it.

Last edited:
Back