Diff between rear shocks

thduke1

Registered
Hey guys.... Probably a stupid question but here we go. I have read that the 08-11 busas rear shock is more stiff than my 03. Is this true? And if so, how can I tell the difference between the two? A buddy of mine has a stock rear shock but, can't remember if it came off of his 08 or not. I just don't want to go through the trouble swapping them if they are the same shocks. Thanks again for your help.

Not sure, I know All things chrome has a heavy duty spring, I got one on order. Why ya lookin into a stiffer spring?

Because my bike is lowered and stretched and my fiancee rides with me a lot. I had to raise it up a little because it rubbed a hole in my undertail. I would like to lower it down a little bit more.

get a new spring and it will solve your problems, the problem will still be there with a stock shock of gen 1 or 2.

Because my bike is lowered and stretched and my fiancee rides with me a lot. I had to raise it up a little because it rubbed a hole in my undertail. I would like to lower it down a little bit more.

Sounds like me, but I wouldnt let the ex on last year, i new it would rub. Id call up All things chrome. Ive looked for other shocks and the only thing I found was custom work.

2007 HAYABUSA CHROME HEAVY DUTY- SUPER SPRING - eBay (item 380318764617 end time Mar-23-11 09:51:00 PDT)

WELCOME

Same guys, different ordering method

Sounds like me, but I wouldnt let the ex on last year, i new it would rub. Id call up All things chrome. Ive looked for other shocks and the only thing I found was custom work.

2007 HAYABUSA CHROME HEAVY DUTY- SUPER SPRING - eBay (item 380318764617 end time Mar-23-11 09:51:00 PDT)

WELCOME

Same guys, different ordering method

most suspension companies can sell you the correct spring. wouldnt be chrome, but i wonder what the constant flexing is gonna do to that chrome.

most suspension companies can sell you the correct spring. wouldnt be chrome, but i wonder what the constant flexing is gonna do to that chrome.

Peel it off with any luck, it may not even last till i put it on. Tryin to stay away from the chrome bug, may sand and rattle can it before the install.

I read in another thread that the gen 2 springs were more stiff. Is this not true? If not that kind sucks.... I was hoping to save that money for other ridiculous unneeded but shiny see yourself in it things :laugh:

I read in another thread that the gen 2 springs were more stiff. Is this not true? If not that kind sucks.... I was hoping to save that money for other ridiculous unneeded but shiny see yourself in it things :laugh:

they may be "more stiff" but if youve stretched your bike its irrelevant as neither are intended for your wheelbase.

+1 The Gen2 spring may be "stiffer" but it's not going to be a huge difference.
they may be "more stiff" but if youve stretched your bike its irrelevant as neither are intended for your wheelbase.

Just talk to any of the shock companies that have repalcements for the Hayabusa. They'll tell you if there's a difference in spring rate between the two generations.

I have an 08 spring on my 04. Not much difference. They are supposed to be valved different with stiffer spring. My impression is it is a fresh shock and really not much of an improvement. Go aftermarket rather than bother switching to gen II.

I am also in the process of getting that exact spring to help save my tail. Id recommend that route. Im running a gen 2 extension and lowered a bit and the stock spring does NOT cut it at all. Good luck man:beerchug:

Back