Lojack, Scorpio the way to go?

I run a Motorsport Security Business. Contact me at bvonaschen@yahoo.com for security questions.  Lojack is an antique device. I have info on a unit that is the latest tracking. GPS no monthly fees, Money back guarentee and more details to those that want info.  Security is a personal choice.  My 42nd bike, an 04 Hayabusa was stolen.  For years I believed it wouldn't happen to me.  I was proven wrong.  If a thief tries to get my 03 anniversary Edition they will have a real bad day because I can track it real time.  I will hunt with a prefered weapon.
schweeeet
ThumbsUp.gif

I am deciding on security for my '99 Copper. I currently have a Gorilla alarm and a Rottweiler 7' cable lock that will go around a load-bearing concrete post. It will be kept in my garage too.  The Gorilla doesn't have the pager for if somebody is messing with the bike. Should I go ahead and get the Scorpio with paging alert to be on the safe side? Lojack is a consideration, but maybe since its an old bike I shouldn't be this paranoid? Thanks if you can give your opinion,

Kurt
From my experiences with a scorpio alarm, and the customer service, I would NEVER give them any money ever again. The alarm cost a fortune...gave me constant problems, and the customer service sucked, rude and nasty
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
You can get other alarms ALOT cheaper that do the same things as a scorpio, including paging, here's one here for about a third the price of the scorpio-

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

Lojack does not charge a subscription fee. Problem with GPS is that it can be defeated by puting it in a building. Lojack does require that your local PD have the equipment to track it and even if they do, if you don't realize it's gone for more than 24 hours and the theives have disconnected the battery, its backup battery will be drained.
I have the Lojack with the early warning. System didn't work when i left the bike in my warehouse. however if the bike would have left the warehouse without my knowledge it would have gone off. I,ve tested the early warning system quite a bit and I like it. If the bike gets about 2 blocks from the house it goes off. Still haven't decided on a theft prevention system to use was going with scorpio till i read the post with the complaints about them. You are not being paranoid either motorcycle theft is up 300%.

I am deciding on security for my '99 Copper. I currently have a Gorilla alarm and a Rottweiler 7' cable lock that will go around a load-bearing concrete post. It will be kept in my garage too. The Gorilla doesn't have the pager for if somebody is messing with the bike. Should I go ahead and get the Scorpio with paging alert to be on the safe side? Lojack is a consideration, but maybe since its an old bike I shouldn't be this paranoid? Thanks if you can give your opinion,

Kurt
From my experiences with a scorpio alarm, and the customer service, I would NEVER give them any money ever again. The alarm cost a fortune...gave me constant problems, and the customer service sucked, rude and nasty
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
thumb_down.gif
You can get other alarms ALOT cheaper that do the same things as a scorpio, including paging, here's one here for about a third the price of the scorpio-
Thanks Bro! As it turns out, my gorilla alarm DOES have a 2 way paging system. I have the 7' Rottweiler cable, and yesterday just received a Xena alarm. A little overkill perhaps?
biggrin.gif

thumb_down.gif

thumb_down.gif

Back