Scorpio Alarm Really Kills The Batt..???

2quik

Donating Member
Registered
I Have Had the Scorpio 500 se for about 2 months now and it seems if i leave the bike for a week without running it batt. is completly dead .. 4days no start and its gettin very weak ..is this normal ,,,sounds like a price to pay for a quality alarm ,although a week and batt. dead ,,anyone else seeing this or maybe problem with alarm ,,btw bike is in garage so there are no falses going on ..Thanks ..

I was worried there for a minute!
smile.gif

I've had it on for three months without any problem....
I'm assuming you've had the alarm for 3 months, not let the bike sit with it on for three months?

2Quik
Any alarm is going to put a drain on the battery while activated and a small bike battery isn't going to last long. Heck my car battery will die if I leave the alarm activated for a week without starting the car.

I've had it on for three months without any problem....
I'm assuming you've had the alarm for 3 months, not let the bike sit with it on for three months?

2Quik
Any alarm is going to put a drain on the battery while activated and a small bike battery isn't going to last long.  Heck my car battery will die if I leave the alarm activated for a week without starting the car.
yeah, had the alarm for 3; no way does this bike sit for 3 months!

It has been idle for two weeks at one point, but it started without any hint of voltage problem...

The alarm shouldn't cause that by itself. Go back through your install and check that you don't have a wire grounding out somewhere

Good luck...

had mine kill the battery once in 8 months, because it sat for over 3 weeks while I was out of town on business...put a charge back in it and no issues since.

Had mine happen a couple times, but those were times when I didn't ride for a couple of weeks at a time.

Back