When the light  comes on...

rlachermeier

Registered
This may have been asked before and if so I apologize. But does anyone know how many miles/gas you have left in the tank once the light comes on. I don't like to test fate but I would like to know with some degree of certainty how far you can go once the light comes on. Call me cheap but sometimes that gas station with the unbeatable price is a few miles down the road.

I miss the "reserve" switch on my old CBR600. I realize that wouldn't work with and EFI.

I've gone another 30 miles after my light came on but I didn't ride as aggressive (didn't throttle hard, kept RPMs low when shifting, etc.).

ive done 46 , praying for a gas station the hole time, it was in a pretty rural area just slow it down and cruise you should make it . when i filled up that time i took 5 gallons exactly so i still had a half gallon left

I've done 40 miles on the highway at ~ 85 mph. I did it just so I would know for myself on my bike.

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151249073 -->

Oh it's scary when that light comes on... Even with gentle throttle control, Busa drinks gas like your alcoholic uncle elmer drinks ale - you know we all have one.

There ain't a single gas station, when you are truely desperate hehe.  bishes....

<!--EDIT|jigisup
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151249284 -->

mine has roughly 1 gallon left. I've waited to fill it up a few times now until the gas light comes on and i've put 4.5 gallons in every time. Be careful though, the tank says it is 5.5 gallons but only 5 of it is useable i believe...

Well, I can only speak for the Harley I own and the others I ride with, but when you hit either reserve, or when the light comes on for those EFI guys, it usually means you have 1 gallon left in the tank and can probably suck down about 3/4 of that gallon before she starts sputtering.

This translates to you have about 20 miles city and 40 miles highway to go before she quits (depending on how you're riding of course).

By the way, just like riding in a car, the same goes for the bike. If you run it that low you run the risk of clogging the injectors with dirt from the tank.

By the way, just like riding in a car, the same goes for the bike.  If you run it that low you run the risk of clogging the injectors with dirt from the tank.
isnt that what the filter is for? dirt is dirt... shouldnt matter if the tank is full or empty filter should do its job...

Back