Wheelies

Magikman

Registered
OK, I can't stop riding wheelies ....

It is just Sooo much fun ....

and I know something will have to happens that is bad for all the fun it is now providing...

So what will I need to replace first if I can't stop this bad habbit?
rock.gif

best way to stop wheelieing is to stretch it out and slam it.

First things to go will be fork seals, and other parts associated with the front end.

hopefully you dont' wreck it...in which case ummm...everything!

probably the rear tail light will be the first victim..

after that... depends which way it flops.

A proper wheelie is no harder on your bike than pulling away from a stop light. Always save some throttle to set her down gently with and have yourself a blast. Those who don't do wheelies have no idea what they are missing.

You will wear out the tires faster but that's about it. I am on my fifth busa and all had the front wheel launched on just about every ride. I had to replace one fork seal @ $18 plus a liter of fork oil. No other problems. If you slam it down a lot you can expect to replace the bearings every couple of years but that's no big thing either. Just treat her gently and they last a long time.

Once you master the wheelie you'll find the only time you drop it is when you miss a gear? The busa shifts like a bucket of bolts so you will miss a gear once in a while. I would give the compression a couple of extra clicks so the forks don't bottom out but that's not a must?

You are much more likely to get yourself a big fat ticket than you are to drop it.

A proper wheelie is no harder on your bike than pulling away from a stop light. Always save some throttle to set her down gently with and have yourself a blast. Those who don't do wheelies have no idea what they are missing.

You will wear out the tires faster but that's about it. I am on my fifth busa and all had the front wheel launched on just about every ride. I had to replace one fork seal @ $18 plus a liter of fork oil. No other problems. If you slam it down a lot you can expect to replace the bearings every couple of years but that's no big thing either. Just treat her gently and they last a long time.

Once you master the wheelie you'll find the only time you drop it is when you miss a gear? The busa shifts like a bucket of bolts so you will miss a gear once in a while. I would give the compression a couple of extra clicks so the forks don't bottom out but that's not a must?

You are much more likely to get yourself a big fat ticket than you are to drop it.
thumbs-up.gif
smile.gif

I'm told second gear will be the next thing that goes after fork seals.:;):

Deleted post,dial up, again!

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120953226 -->

pending on which way it tumbles, it could be very pricey.

I tumbled mine.....so far I've spent close to $5K tryin to repair it. And that's just a little less than what I paid for when I first got it.

well I am getting both my front fork seals and dust caps replaced Tuesday. It was probably more the harsh landings from the many wheelies I did and 2 up wheelies, rather than strapping the front end down low for a 2000 mile trip to Cali and 2000 mile trip back, not too compressed as it was going up there.

A proper wheelie is no harder on your bike than pulling away from a stop light.

I am on my fifth busa and all had the front wheel launched on just about every ride.

Just treat her gently and they last a long time.
Question .... If Statement One and Statement three co-exist in harmony ... Why does statement 2 seem to nullify it?

Back