What a third gear wheelie looks like from on board

wait a minute....

So you mean to say that you went UP a tooth in the front and left the rear alone?

I never hearda that one before. How did it affect the accl., top speed, etc...

I'm curious.

Nice vid, BTW.....I think I'd about crap my pants doing something like that.

I know it doesn't look like much but on board video never does look as wild as it really was. It was near max power and coming up, probably about 2 feet. Didn't want to wind up wearing it as a hat.

what about that front sprocket? I'm curious as to how bike performs with a tooth added in the front.

I'm used to hearing about teeth being DROPPED from the front.

wink.gif

Geared for 212 top speed.

It pulls really hard, really sets you back, hard to explain but you can be really lazy and still haul a$$!

Hrmm.....
idea3.gif

How do you think that set-up will work on a stock Busa? How does it set you back? Acceleration-wise, I assume?

Hrmm.....  
idea3.gif

How do you think that set-up will work on a stock Busa? How does it set you back? Acceleration-wise, I assume?
Don't know, never tried it on a stocker.

It does make first gear pretty tall.

A stocker wouldn't pull to redline in 6th, not enough power.
Hmmm....now it's startin to get tasty.

I'm kinda wanting to try it out...I don't mind first being a little taller. In fact, it'll prolly prove useful considering the damn skyscraper gearboxes of the new litres.

I'm worried about loosing acceleration rates, though.

May keep it from coming up as much in first with the 18 front? Should pull like a freight train once ya get the clutch out.

And the best parts is, the front sprocket is cheap compared to the rear. If you don't like it, not much of a loss.
cool.gif

It also makes the speedo pretty close to being right, like they calibrated the bike with a 18 on it and then changed to the 17 for production without recalibrating.

One more question and I'll be sold on it.

Will a stock chain work? Will a 530 chain work?

18 should work, it will shorten the wheelbase a little but should work with 112 link stock length chain, no worrys.

<!--EDIT|Lota Fun R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137141743 -->

Done deal then....

I'm gonna look for one. Where'd ya get yers?
Last set I got from a friend. Ron Ayers or ? Lots of choices.

Pranov at Van Nuys Suzuki, CA is the hook up for just about anything, good price, prompt service and he always gets it right.

He goes by "bombaybusa" on shorg and labusas. Good guy.
I've heard of Pra...

Looks like I'll hafta give him a call. Thanks for the tips, man....very much appreciated!

Crap...I was just in LA last month. Got stuck in LAX for 15 hours.

If you put an 18 on your stock busa, every kid in town will pass you on a 600
biggrin.gif

Really, if you gear it up and don't add HP to pull it, accelleration will be considerably slower and top end will also be slower. You'll be very disappointed. You may just as well put a 250 pound fat chick on the back?

Back