Wheelies On the Busa

big_j_g71

Registered
Does anyone have any good directions for wheelies on a busa that has the 16/42 setup? I am really trying my best to do long wheelies and not just popping it up.

TURBO!!!
biggrin.gif

To do long wheelies you gotta be at your balance point (or very close to it). That's very risky business on the busa because of it's long wheelbase, heavy weight, and aerodynamic qualities (Crosswinds are a killer). It IS doable though.

if you pinn it in second at about 50 with your setup it should come up. quite a bit...does it?

get it near the balance point and learn to shift in the air.

get it near the balance point and learn to shift in the air.
i think it was cache or pacificbusa that posted a busa at it balancing point was like 11.99999 o'clock. Then he posted a second pic of the bike torn to bits

i have a 16/ 43 setup ...and when it comes up in second gear at 50 mph to a 11 o'clock position you want to make sure you keep your foot ready on the back brake ..(sitting down)...then gas it till you feel like it wants to fall back and stick the gas in that position let it roll ..if it starts to fall back ..get off the throttle a wee bit ..& if it starts to come down .give it a little more gas.....
when that front wheel comes off the ground about a foot ,the busa feels like an over powered bike on steroids....
..try to ride out your second gear out before you go into long wheelies....when i pop it up in 2nd gear @ 50 mph ...about 7000 rpms & start to chase the front wheel ...and when i put her down i am doing about 100 mph ...As soon as you come down double shift to 4th or 5th gear to continue normal riding..that helps for smoother deceleration ...
Be very careful ...use all the protection you have & have someone with a cellphone with you at all times ...

It is the X factor....why jump out of a perfectly flying air plane? why ride a crazy bull ...when you have a car??
I like living on the edge...when i get that front wheel off the ground it feels good...

yeppers....yer busa's balance point is damn near 12 '0 clock. I'd say around 11 or 11:30-ish. It's waaay up there.

It's gonna take a lotta skill to ride out a long one....stay safe.

Why would you want to do wheelies?
Why?.......why not?

cause it's fun!

I'm not a big long wheelie kinda guy, but first and second gear wheelies just make me smile!
This bike has so much torque, I can't help myself!
Just curious. I kinda like both wheels on the ground.
I'm with you, but hey, it's a free country (or supposed to be). Live and let live. Watch out for the fuzz...

Why would you want to do wheelies?
Why?.......why not?

cause it's fun!

I'm not a big long wheelie kinda guy, but first and second gear wheelies just make me smile!
This bike has so much torque, I can't help myself!
Just curious. I kinda like both wheels on the ground.
I'm with you, but hey, it's a free country (or supposed to be).  Live and let live.  Watch out for the fuzz...
agreed!

They tend to take a dim view of one wheel riding.

I don't typically wheelie anywhere around traffic. Just not too smart.

In theory anything can wheelie forever. I have always pulled wheelies on my bikes but the busa isn't getting walked very far as long as I have it. It's a go fast in a straight line bike - not a starboyz bike. I give it gas sometimes and get the front tire in the air a couple of feet but never try to push it.

I have wheelied a lot of bikes in my life and you get good at it but TRUST ME if you are going to wheelie a bike you will eventually go over. It will happen. You get cocky and find that balance point and then try to push it a little more and a little more then before you know it you are listening to your tail light kissing the pavement and the rest is history.

I'VE DONE THEM 130-140 MPH BEFORE AND RIDDEN THEM A LONG LONG WAY...WHEN YOU GET HER TO THE RIGHT POINT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT...AND THATS GOIN INTO 3RD GEAR...

I think I'm gonna put a wheelie limiting switch on my Busa. That I can drag race it without worring about looping it. The better you keep the nose down, the faster you can go.
biggrin.gif

Back