Wheelies anyone...?

OB_wilf

Registered
I was just curious about everyones experience with their wheelies on the busa. What has been your fastest wheelie? and has anyone got any pics of some good stoppies on ur busa? just thought that this would be interesting to know :)

Wilf, we've done the subject of wheelies. To death. Set your site browser to "show topics for last year) and read them all. Every second post for the last 5 months is about wheelies and we're entirely sick of discussing them.

Stoppies now that's another matter.

I can't do them (read: I haven't got the guts to to do them) on road bikes, only dirt bikes.

Anybody?

I just did a wheelie starting in second and kept it up till about 90 then it came down so easy I couldn't feel it. This was a new experience for me and it was great. I've also been jumping this certain set of railroad tracks and it's alot more fun than rolling over the bumpy things.

Yea, I don't do it often either, try never. Not yet. Steel balls you have
Get a little squirly at that speed?? High Cross winds probably wouldn't be good.
Bob

Wheelies for safety's sake are taken only through third gear. Stoppies are a snap if you find a good concrete road surface or parking lot, put all your weight on the pegs to unload the seat and progressively apply front brake, if you grab the front brake it will lock.

Going to work on stoppies as a matter of skill development. They'd be a good way to get used to ragged edge control, thanks for the advice on doing them Hyper.

Viol8r; gotta agree with you about jumps. The longer and faster the better. I got several perfect road swells and railroad tracks on my commute that I always (traffic permitting) use to grab some good air.

Speaking of commutes...I'm late and I'm gone!

Back