Wheelies....Well?

OB_Paulie

Registered
Anyone read my post below? Come on guys, this is important to me. How about some replies... Can it be true that none of you guys have the cajones to wheelie the busa?

Have wheelied Busa past 1/8 mile. Was clocked @ 99 mph, still had some of 2nd gear left. Bike was at "balance point", front end about 3' in air, handle bars close to eye level. Didn't even want to, but situation had presented itself, and had lost the race, any way. Bike will get some air with high rpm shift into 3rd, if I'm sitting straight up. I weigh 220. ZX-9 will do long wheelies, also. Busa a bit easier, and more controllable, with wider power band. Are you getting Busa and ZX-9, or is it an either / or choice ? Below: 98 ZX-9, 100' from start line, full throttle. Long, low, all of 1st gear. (200' +/_) http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=230409&a=1708639&p=16035629&Sequence=1

[This message has been edited by c.dolan (edited 07 February 2000).]

[This message has been edited by c.dolan (edited 07 February 2000).]

Yeah, I'm an easy rider, I'm not the one the pops it up downtown,but........
I'm still breaking in my new red baby, and I still have accidentally picked her up shifting at 5g???? How can you NOT wheelie the busa is my question?
Martin

Thanks Frank,
I'll try that. I'm currently running the stock configuration. I recall an earlier thread that seemed to have a preferred setup.
Time to search.... :)
Martin

If you can't get it to do what your after with the damperner settings then you might have to run the spring nuts down a few threads on the shock..

There are some things that you can do to your front danperner settings that could help also but the rear will show the most of all.....

Back