Wheelies

OB_Paulie

Registered
I am seriously considering the purchase of an 2000 Hayabusa but have a couple questions. How well does it wheelie? In what gears will it wheelie? How bad is tire wear? Also considering the purchase of a 2000 ZX9R. Weight of the busa sorta troubles me. Input appreciated.

I can wheelie in 1st and 2nd no prob. I've road some excellent 100 yard or more 2nd gear wheelies. From what I've read, seen and experienced it has great balance also.

Uses rubber. :)You can't go wrong with the busa. Have fun.

http://www.labusas.org/pages/dazee.html

It wheelies very well and very easily. Can power wheelie in second and if you are crazy enough for shifting, will do very fast wheelies. Expect to pay for lots of tyres and even drive chains on the bike.

Also try using the board search function. Wheelies has been talked to death a number of times, probably why the response is low for your question.

Paulie: You should be thankful the busa starts at 474lbs dry, otherwise you will probably flip it breaking it in! My old GSXR1100 was also 474 untill I lightened it up a little and lowered the gearing. It's a wheelie machine now!
The ZX-9 I didn't trust, the busa seems to be more solid, wide power band etc etc...

GET THE BUSA!

Back