wheelie problem

Without mods a stock Gen I will pull the front tire off the ground easily. With someone riding on the back it's even easier.

Keep the wife, control the throttle like the rest of us. :laugh:

Thanks for the help and not so helpful ones.It always seems there is always a smart*** that has nothing better to do. :rulez:

some of us just joke around alot. The way i sit and ride i believe puts my 250 lbs to far forward. Mine does not wheelie as often as most say. Well sometimes it does. I would only look into extentions for track use only. if your going long term i would buy a whole entire extended swing arm. Wen i get some money to set mine up i want to buy the extenders and swap them in for track days and then switch it back for street use cuz i love to turn. (fast)

I would like some advice from my fellow busa riders. I have an 06 busa with minor mods list to date D&D exhaust and K&N air filter. Now with these simple changes the bike wheelies very easily. With the odvance to letting off on the throatle. I am thinking about adding swing arm extentions of 6 in. But i would like to know if this is a good idea? :bowdown:

Swap out the front sprocket for an 18 tooth.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...bsolutely-positively-not-do-wheelie-busa.html

Don't like it...not one bit~!~ (the front tire staying down anyway) :laugh:

BTW...I wear a shirt from SAU . Smart Ass University~!~

Seriously though...at the strip I absolutely have to run a full tank of fuel to at least make an attempt at keeping the front end down~!~ Might be an idea. I know they say the weight slows you down, but I run a faster ETA with a full tank vs an empty tank~!~

I have mixed feelings on extensions. I know some people do great with them, but get a quality pair as others have said. If I went with an extended set up that's probably what I would do, because I wouldn't keep it extended long...I like the short wheel base too much~!~

Last edited:
I have this problem too... But now its under control after a 1150.00 fine 2 years prob. and now my insurance well let say it has jump almost a 1/3 of the price of the bike price....good luck bro

No point in repeating what others already have said,so a little humor here and there is usually thrown in. they/we just treating you like family.

Start a Tre thread and watch the Sparks fly! :laugh:

If you do go with extensions,go with good quality ones. Last thing you want is to have one fail when being stressed to keep the front wheel down.

Goes out to buy a 1300 and complains about the power...lol..then when u laugh at him he calls us smart asses...lol...wow..thats classic..."my hayabusa has too much power...can u guys help me.waaaaaa"....lol terrible

I have 61/2 " extensions from Gixxer1300 and they work fantastic and look great. I like the way it looks,rides and handles. Mine still takes the turns fine, you just have to get used to the way it handles and adjust.
Stock - 61/2" extensions

002.jpg

350.jpg

i have 61/2 " extensions from gixxer1300 and they work fantastic and look great. I like the way it looks,rides and handles. Mine still takes the turns fine, you just have to get used to the way it handles and adjust.
Stock - 61/2" extensions
not bad...she looks pretty good..the cornering is different though...maybe if you dont really take corners aggressive it may be the same ..but for the aggressive riders those inches will make a huge difference..you increased the wheel base meaning u theoretically made the bike longer. But for this guys purposes it would help him keep the busa on the ground. And thats what hes whining about..the busa's power. But for looks and drag racing longer swing arms are cool. Not my cup of tea.

Bless I don't hear any whining here~!~

This poor fella is asking for peoples opinions and feedback on a part that he wants more knowledge about...

State your opinion then move on to a thread that you can actually enjoy instead of dragging him over coals about it~!~

I like doing wheelies, that doesn't mean that everyone here does

Try to relax a bit there bud~!~

Back