swingarm extention

copskahn

Registered
hey guys i need some info on this. i need to know if it will be ok to use the swingarm extentions on my busa, some say it will make the swingarm flex under acceleration. i have a 06 busa with minor mods, exhaust, airbox etc.

Many guys have em,personally i prefer an extended swingarm over the extensions,they are probably fine for going straight but I personally dont trust them,honestly never heard of any failing but if your gonna do it,i say do it right but to each their own.

just look around theres actually a couple threads of guys who just installed them

01%20busa%20for%20sale

Never had a problem with mine!!! it's been on there for three years now. Trust me its had plenty of acceleration:laugh:

Just did mine, Give me some time and I will let you know :laugh: However after talking with the group here Im feeling pretty confident Im ok.

BIKE 019 (2).jpg

You will be fine they are good for at least 250hp they dont flex even with the top brace that the hayabusa has. Put them on a go beat the piss out of it. For under 300 its a great deal

who makes them for under $300 does that include brake extension and chain?

Brake extension (bar) if needed is usually included. Depending on stretch a longer brake line may be needed, and is not included in the price.

Chain is not usually included, and def not at that price.

Chain guard is not included in price.

Are extention good to a certain weight, I weigh 285 and the local dealership said for my size he wouldnt recommend them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Extentions are fine, cheep ones will flex. I ran a set of bolt-ins that i got from Brock and they where nice. My buddy got a set of Flee bay's and they flexed and eventually snapped (not the first time ive seen this on 250+hp bikes with bolt ins)
Best way to do it is get a set of weldins, and change your upper support to weld onto the extention and not on the swingarm, i would go about 1/2 back onto the extention.

Bolt in advantage....you can take them out
Weld in Advantage...No problems if installed correctly

Back