wheelie bad for the busa???

30k miles and wheelie her daily..blown fork seal yes...motor probs absolutly not....maybe if you dont have enough oil in her...but you cant 12 o-clock a busa the tail will hit at about 11:15:laugh:....and if you think about it the motor is leaned forward so when the bike is up in the air the motor in reality is actuall only upright....

Last edited:
ok sounds good but where is the oil pump at on the busa the front or rear of the pan ? i never took a pan off a busa . but when i use to stunt ride we would run 1/2 quart more oil in are bike ?? now was just doing the same thing as everyone else not sure if it help??

the make oil pan baffles for that sort of thing you know.....
And I'm in need of fork seals asap myself although I'm not sure if it was the wheelies, or the fact that previous owner road it on the street with the front end strapped down.FOR ALMOST A YEAR! Either way, I definately finished em off while trying to learn to wheelie and slamming it down very hard repeatedly. Finished off the old pilot power the same day. Everytime I tryed to clutch it up in 2nd it would just spin so all my wheelies had to start in 1st:whistle:

Last edited:
Never had a problem outa my 08. A friend of mine had an 06, we wheelied the sh*t out of it, daily, never had a problem. Regardless whether there's any truth to this or not, proper breakin and synthetic oil would have to have helped us out.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the only bike I remeber having oil starvation in wheelies were the early ZX 11 Ninjas.

I thought they all starved on long multi mile trips on the rear wheel???

i always had 600 750 gsxr and we would rock stand up wheelies all the time but i bought the busa so me and my girl could ride together btw my girl from greenville:whistle:

Nice. Where in Greenville? I always think it's hilarious that people don't believe there's a moncks corner and possum kingdom SC.

Only bad thing about wheelies is crashing ... :(

( notice the tail section didnt like the pass 12 oclock I did in Sept 04 )

I did one of those two even got a few somersaults in just for good measure.. :poke:

mybusa7.jpg

mybusa3.jpg

High impact, the oil pickup tube is in the first third of the pan..towards the front...just had my oil pan off.

Like I said earlier...they make oil pan baffles and aftermarket pickup tubes for these problems.:whistle: MOST sportbikes have the pickups either halfway or towards the front of the pan. I know one of the tricks stunters use on the cbrs(pickup is in the middle) if to overfill the oil a bit. For the suzuki's, they make the baffles to keep the oil in the front of the pan longer.

Back