wheelie bad for the busa???

HIGH IMPACT SEATZ

Registered
ok i have a few friends say that they have blown up there busa from riding wheelie all the time being that the busa has the oil pump up in the front in the pan ? is this true has anyone else heard this or blow there bike up from this .this is my frist busa so i hate to blow it up from riding wheelies

Last edited:
I know a lot of people do wheelies on them. I personally don't, but it's not for that reason. But if your friends couldn't hear the noise the engine was making due to oil starvation then they're not very intuitive while they're riding. . .

i always had 600 750 gsxr and we would rock stand up wheelies all the time but i bought the busa so me and my girl could ride together btw my girl from greenville:whistle:

Never had a problem outa my 08. A friend of mine had an 06, we wheelied the sh*t out of it, daily, never had a problem. Regardless whether there's any truth to this or not, proper breakin and synthetic oil would have to have helped us out.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but the only bike I remeber having oil starvation in wheelies were the early ZX 11 Ninjas.

thanks for the input i thought it sounded like a bunch of bs to me to but not saying it couldnt happen i have a 1000 miles on my bike now i think next oil change i will use a synthetic oil :beerchug:

Yeah, changed mine at 600 miles. I was gonna switch to synthetic then, but the dealer(and some educated folks:laugh:) said to wait till 2500 miles, supposed to allow the rings to seat better. I run Royal Purple now, as I said, still smooth.

Im pretty sure a few of the 2000-07 model GSXR 600's, have to have the pickup removed to the front for stand up wheelies. I just cant remeber the exact years...

I think we should test this!:laugh: My friends and I will be making some new videos in a couple months(or whenever the east coast warms up)
I'de love to see everybodys longest wheelies, if the safety police wouldn't shut us down. I know, we've all seen wheelies, but the Busa is always dogged for "not" being able to do them. Most of us know this is BS:laugh:

Seals will blow for sure! I went through 2 sets before upgrading them on my 05 and my wheelies were just power wheelies, not stand ups.

Fork seals would be a issue unless you set it down easy. I would say with the proper oil level they should be fine. I would think Suzuki knows people wheelie there bikes... :whistle:

well i use to stunt ride alot so wheelies are cake now but i like stand up wheelies i can rock them on my busa 3 to 5 miles on long back roads out here in charleston sc we was out riding the back road about a week ago i was rockin a stand up about 100 to 130 mph and the road was curving to the left and the road had a pitch to it i started to drift left so i set it down to hard and had some real bad tank slap and about lost it omg scared the crap out of me i need to chill out some and just enjoy the ride some time but its hard to do lol

You need to post a video:thumbsup: There's alot of good long straightaways near me too, love those long wheelies

Only bad thing about wheelies is crashing ... :(

( notice the tail section didnt like the pass 12 oclock I did in Sept 04 )

Miscfrom-laptop 042.jpg

sure thing just got a on board video camera crashing does suck broke my hand a while back so im getting back in the swing of things:thumbsup: its going to be nice here thurday ill try to slip out for a min and try my camera out :thumbsup:

Rite on! I've got a helmet camera, but I don't have a video camera at the moment. I'm workin on it!

well i use to stunt ride alot so wheelies are cake now but i like stand up wheelies i can rock them on my busa 3 to 5 miles on long back roads out here in charleston sc we was out riding the back road about a week ago i was rockin a stand up about 100 to 130 mph and the road was curving to the left and the road had a pitch to it i started to drift left so i set it down to hard and had some real bad tank slap and about lost it omg scared the crap out of me i need to chill out some and just enjoy the ride some time but its hard to do lol

Well don't be shy, share some of those 3 mile wheelie photos with us! :beerchug:

Back