Wheel Removal Question

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
My new Busa is already do for a new bun on the back and I was wondering if it is safe to remove my rear wheel with the bike on the center stand? Should I just wait and get some swingarm buttons and use my rear stand? Is there any thing special I should know about when removing the wheel? I will prolly replace with the stock set up(BT56R)cause I still have life left in the front. After that I think I will try the AVON's. I also had one other question as well, does the chock inrich the circuit on cold start or is it just an increase in idle? I noticed the manual say's to use it only 30 seconds. Thanks for the help in advance
smile.gif

You can change the tire on a center or rear stand. Its pretty simple to do, careful not to scratch your wheel with the rear brake caliper. Its not a choke, just a fast idle to help warm up the bike.

If you still have the stock mud flap it will hit the tire when you remove it. It will come off and the bike will be fine. I did this with mine, just becareful and all will be good.

Is there a web link that gives a tutorial on wheel removal for both front and rear wheels. I have both stands that i need just want something tried and tested to help me with the process. I am doing a wheel exchange for ALL Chrome...Sproket rotors ...everything. I will add pics as soon as i get the wheels back on!!!

Back