Wheel Chock

Strap the rear of the bike down. You don't have to strap the front unless you want too. The baxley has a lock that holds the front in place. Plus fully compressing the front suspension can blow the fork seals if you aren't careful (I beleive).

That is another beauty of the Baxley sportchalk. You only need two straps to pull the bike forward into the chalk. Technically you do not even need them as the sportchalk will hold the bike upright without straps. They just keep the backend from bouncing around while moving.

On another note the front fork seals will not blow out if you pull them all the way down. Front fork seals only blow out from being old or from a very hard impact. (Which typically has done way more damage to the bike to worry about then the 20 dollar fork seals.)

Personally, I compress the forks and pull the straps towards the fron, holding the bike firmly. Similar to the way that GSXcite does in the pics.

That is another beauty of the Baxley sportchalk. You only need two straps to pull the bike forward into the chalk. Technically you do not even need them as the sportchalk will hold the bike upright without straps. They just keep the backend from bouncing around while moving.

On another note the front fork seals will not blow out if you pull them all the way down. Front fork seals only blow out from being old or from a very hard impact. (Which typically has done way more damage to the bike to worry about then the 20 dollar fork seals.)
I don't compress the front forks at all. Just two straps from the rear pulling forward, out and down. The other chock, even the real cheap ones will do the job for towing. The thing that sold me on the Baxley, was the ability to put it in the back of a pickup without bolting it to the bed, and when I use it at the track. They are A+ quality for sure. Weather they are worth the price is up to you. For me, I wanted the best I could buy to tow my bike and my friends bikes all over the country.

100_0578 (Medium).jpg

Back