wheel bearing help!!!

The bearings arent over pressed card. To be honest Golden is correct.
I will inspect my wheel bearings every time I change a tire. I remove the seal inspect each ball also feeling for any slight imperfection. If anything doesnt feel perfect I replace them, At 13 bucks I dont dont hesitate it just makes me feel better when I am running all out in 6th gear that the bearings are in great shape.

The bearings are knocked in all the way to the inner spacers. Yes the bearing is in deep cause you have the wheel seal that has to be flush with the lip of the rim.
They are a PITA to remove.
I know this isnt the proper procedue and may seem backyard but its the only way I know to remove them.
Get a long heavy chisel with a sharp edge. And start knocking at the bearing you are trying to remove from the opposite end..
I am on my 3rd set of front wheel bearings.
1st set, found an imperpection on one of the balls.
2nd set, Powder Coated wheels
3rd set, Just didnt like the way they felt to much resistance.

Hint tap the inner spacer off to one side (you wont have much) just a small fraction of a lip to get the chisel on, it will slip more times then you like but they will come out with paitence.

Get a hammer and chisel and start pecking away.. Good luck :beerchug:

The Tuff Gang should be along to protect the Oh Great White Haired Super Duper Hero..:laugh:

The bearings arent over pressed card. To be honest Golden is correct.
I will inspect my wheel bearings every time I change a tire. I remove the seal inspect each ball also feeling for any slight imperfection. If anything doesnt feel perfect I replace them, At 13 bucks I dont dont hesitate it just makes me feel better when I am running all out in 6th gear that the bearings are in great shape.

The bearings are knocked in all the way to the inner spacers. Yes the bearing is in deep cause you have the wheel seal that has to be flush with the lip of the rim.
They are a PITA to remove.
I know this isnt the proper procedue and may seem backyard but its the only way I know to remove them.
Get a long heavy chisel with a sharp edge. And start knocking at the bearing you are trying to remove from the opposite end..
I am on my 3rd set of front wheel bearings.
1st set, found an imperpection on one of the balls.
2nd set, Powder Coated wheels
3rd set, Just didnt like the way they felt to much resistance.

Hint tap the inner spacer off to one side (you wont have much) just a small fraction of a lip to get the chisel on, it will slip more times then you like but they will come out with paitence.

Get a hammer and chisel and start pecking away.. Good luck :beerchug:

The Tuff Gang should be along to protect the Oh Great White Haired Super Duper Hero..:laugh:

Front set came out easily with brass punch's and a hammer and i was happy after the trouble i had with the rears... the rear set on the other hand i actually had to cut out one of them out, the spacer was seized to the bearings and even after heating them i couldnt move the spacer to the side at all to be able to drive them out. After cutting one out i was able to remove the spacer and drive the other bearing out with ease. It was a complete and utter pita to get the first bearing out. BTW i managed to bust the blind bearing puller giving it another try... got to love cheap tools lol

I knew when you said the bearings were "Over Pressed" it was your first time.

When you bite off more than you can chew, it's tough to swallow, eh?

yes tuf as always you know everything and everything about everyone all praise tuf

I tried using the inside puller but couldnt grab behind the inside bearing race... does anybody have any ideas of how to get them out when over pressed?

Ive been trying to use the blind puller but the bearing is too tight against the spacer to get a grip on the bearing thats why i posted was cause i cant pull it the normal way

Not to be a smart azz but you are using a blind bearing puller and not just a regular puller? A blind puller will grab the radius of the bearing. You don't need any room behind it at all.

blind bearing puller.jpg

yes tuf as always you know everything and everything about everyone all praise tuf

When it comes to motorcycles it is pretty tough to piss in my ear and convince me it's raining! All I know is the resume you laid out doesn't seem to support your mechanical ability to complete simple repairs? :dunno:

When it comes to motorcycles it is pretty tough to piss in my ear and convince me it's raining! All I know is the resume you laid out doesn't seem to support your mechanical ability to complete simple repairs? :dunno:

like i said before just simply stay off of my posts since i could care less what you have to say

Not to be a smart azz but you are using a blind bearing puller and not just a regular puller? A blind puller will grab the radius of the bearing. You don't need any room behind it at all.

i tried both and neither worked, i wound up having to cut the bearing out, it was seized to the spacer and probably the wheel and i couldnt get it to move. It took alot of work but we finally got it out, i started on it and since my dad was bored while we were up at the shop cause he had finished doing what he was doing he took over cutting it out with the grinder. just glad to be done with it

When they wont move, it is time for the flame wrench! Heat will allways help when removing bearings!

i tried both and neither worked, i wound up having to cut the bearing out, it was seized to the spacer and probably the wheel and i couldnt get it to move. It took alot of work but we finally got it out, i started on it and since my dad was bored while we were up at the shop cause he had finished doing what he was doing he took over cutting it out with the grinder. just glad to be done with it

No i said i had gott a job for a new superbike team who lost their backing So if you want to continue being an ass then do it elsewhere and not on my threads.

No, that's not what you said. What you said is below:

No i have absolutely no idea what im talking about i just went to school to be a motorcycle mechanic spent a year building bikes for a race team and got a job on a superbike team but i have absolutely no effing clue what im talking about....

You were absolutely correct, when you made that post you had no idea what you were talking about when you puffed your chest up like a poisoned pup and made that challenge, although you were happy to toot your own horn with a resume which included motorcycle schools, race teams and super bikes. Only to learn you could not replace fork seals or remove a wheel bearing without help. WTF partner? :dunno:

My daddy told me when I was a kid "A man toots his own horn because no one else will toot it for him"!

I'm not sure who gave you the authority to dictate who can and who can't post on any given thread but I'm assuming it came to you in a dream.

I'm done ruffling your feathers. In the future when you decide to challenge someone and boast of your accomplishments to improve your status which may not altogether be true :dunno: it may come back to haunt you!

Cheers :beerchug:

No, that's not what you said. What you said is below:

No i have absolutely no idea what im talking about i just went to school to be a motorcycle mechanic spent a year building bikes for a race team and got a job on a superbike team but i have absolutely no effing clue what im talking about....

You were absolutely correct, when you made that post you had no idea what you were talking about when you puffed your chest up like a poisoned pup and made that challenge, although you were happy to toot your own horn with a resume which included motorcycle schools, race teams and super bikes. Only to learn you could not replace fork seals or remove a wheel bearing without help. WTF partner? :dunno:

My daddy told me when I was a kid "A man toots his own horn because no one else will toot it for him"!

I'm not sure who gave you the authority to dictate who can and who can't post on any given thread but I'm assuming it came to you in a dream.

I'm done ruffling your feathers. In the future when you decide to challenge someone and boast of your accomplishments to improve your status which may not altogether be true :dunno: it may come back to haunt you!

Cheers :beerchug:

Seriously **** off and stay off of my threads you wonder why most ppl on here dont like you. Most of your posts on here are you trying to start **** with ppl and arguing with them, you are a ignorant ******* who enjoys getting a rise out of people. And yes i did work for a race team it was a motorcross team not a superbike team. I tore down motors spec'd them out replaced parts and rebuilt them, ive never once claimed to work for a superbike team. Im over explainging myself to you and i could care less. If i get banned for this i get banned i dont care im over your BS and how you think its your job to flame on everyone on here, all you are is a troll.

Back