Whats wrong with quiet people

The only thing wrong with a "quiet" person is they sometimes will get passed over for a promotion and maybe forgot about. In some jobs this is not a bad thing.

Some time you coworkers need to know a little something about you. Don't get me wrong I agree with the work and home seprate idea. The problem is coworkers rely on eachother. Put your self in your coworkers shoes. Would you want to put your trust in someone who you know almost nothing about? Yes you may work hard but there is a hardwired social aspect to inter-personal relations. That is possible what your bosses are trying to get at.

You don't have to go to BBQ's and the like or get too personal but you may want to have a few light nonwork related conversations just to show you are a real person.

Just an idea, take it for what it is work and good luck.

I also don't talk a lot but have found lite conversations it helpful in working with my coworkers. Hard work will only get you so far, personalty needs to come into play at some point. YOU have the power to make sure it is in a positive light.

Back