Whats wrong with quiet people

Nothing wrong with being quiet. Your Supervisor is an idiot. I wish I had more staff that did not bring their home troubles to work. Just a tip ask people about their day and they will be fine. Show an interest in their life. That is what they really want. Most people want to talk about themselves.

Last edited:
I am good been busy lately! Have not had a whole lot of computer time.

Sorry about the spelling error actually at work and wasn't paying a bit of attention. lol

Anyway I have put forth an effort to be more talkative. However this does not seem to be enough to satisfy my supervisor. She wants to know my whole life story apparently but she aint gonna get it. I work with all women pretty much and they are always talking about every ones buisness and I just dont do that and I am not gonna start. Its just really starting to irritate me. And yes I am usually up to something:rofl:

Crystal, the workplace can be a terrible environment. The sad part is most people have to deal with it in one fashion or another. Good luck with it. :thumbsup:

Take up skydiving; you'll have plenty to talk about :laugh: They'll think you are crazy and leave you alone

Last edited:
i don't understand why some of the people i work with .....won't shut up.

they should be embarrassed to talk about the ridiculous situations they get into...but they aren't.

the loser boyfriends, multi- baby daddies, bill collectors calling and thier crappy behaving kids.....

if wanted to see that i would watch maury povich, not come to work .

over the years of working i have learning how to say "i don't like you, nor do i care about your crappy life" with just my eyes and the look on my face....try it, it helps me.

Female communication differs from male. Their utterance usually means way to assesing the relationship between communicators. Male tends to try to win the situations. "Oh yeah? well, guess what I did for this weekend.....".

When one keeps quiet, no way of those social animals to gauge one's relationship to the group. It brings uncertainty and eventually fear.

You should at least smile often, it's free and very effective.

I think it's a little bit different with females but I could be wrong... The one's I have been around liked to come to work and discuss their personal lives with co workers. I would always sit there and listen, but I would NEVER come to work and discuss my personal business. It got to the point they thought I was Ms. Perfect. My life and marriage was perfect. Well that was far from the truth. I'm not perfect by ANY means I just was not willing to share my personal business people I'm not comfortable around. That's why now I work around guy's. Because they just don't give a $hit how my weekend was or what me and my husband are going through. All they care about is bikes, guns, beer and chili. :beerchug:

Thats "bikes, guns, beer, chili " & boobies ! :poke: :rofl:

This is the story of Lambs life. Even when he does talk a lil, all it does is get misconstrued and twisted as "you don't talk with me, you talk at me". Lots and lots of this story to go around. It seems as though people just care about being "liked", and don't care about "you". Generally speaking, of course. If you are not willing to listen to their boring stories and endless gaggle about nothing and everything, then you must not "like" them and this bruises their fragile psychy. They become uncomfortable in their own skin, because they are uncomfortable in their own skin. Don't back down and don't play the game if you don't like the game. Get a small pocket recorder and record some of their nonsense. Then record some more. It's best to be armed when the need arises. These recorders are small and start recording when it hears noise. It's a fun game.

Good luck, and keep it down. We're counting on you.
Besides, to get insensitive for a moment, it sure is great when a woman isn't constantly blathering on and on. Telling every lil detail about the day and the drive to work and the pothole she can't miss and the shoes she can't wear because her feet are swollen and the rain messes up her hair which she combs 75 times each night before drinking a glass of water and kissing the kids, blah blah blah.

quiet people go postal. no one likes that. think "thwingline thtapler"

HAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl: Oh you didn't say that!!

yeah.... yeah I did :rofl:

I swear to god there's a coworker of mine that has pictures or video of someone pretty high up doing something or someone that they shouldnt cuz thats the *ONLY* reason many people can think that they are still employed :whistle:

It's not the quiet people, it's those cat people:

cat people.jpg

This is the story of Lambs life. Even when he does talk a lil, all it does is get misconstrued and twisted as "you don't talk with me, you talk at me". Lots and lots of this story to go around. It seems as though people just care about being "liked", and don't care about "you". Generally speaking, of course. If you are not willing to listen to their boring stories and endless gaggle about nothing and everything, then you must not "like" them and this bruises their fragile psychy. They become uncomfortable in their own skin, because they are uncomfortable in their own skin. Don't back down and don't play the game if you don't like the game. Get a small pocket recorder and record some of their nonsense. Then record some more. It's best to be armed when the need arises. These recorders are small and start recording when it hears noise. It's a fun game.

Besides, to get insensitive for a moment, it sure is great when a woman isn't constantly blathering on and on. Telling every lil detail about the day and the drive to work and the pothole she can't miss and the shoes she can't wear because her feet are swollen and the rain messes up her hair which she combs 75 times each night before drinking a glass of water and kissing the kids, blah blah blah.

All I want to know is, does Lamb still speak in third person when Lamb is at work? Gurley, this might work for you! :rofl::rofl:

FYI, I just got my Performance Review. I got in trouble for for having too many personal relationship. LOL. Im in Quality Control and they prefer I act like a snob and not speak to the other depts.

I have been this way all my life. Some people just don't understand people like us. IMO it put the fear of God in them because they never know what to expect. I have always been told the quite one are the one's you have to watch out for. Maybe they heard that also:laugh: Tell the to mind their own business and let you do your job.

Hey we shared and Apple Crisp...who says no one really cares about you.........

:laugh::rofl:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for all the great advice! I am going to try a lil harder to be personable as my clinical manager says and see how it goes. However if I get called in the office one more time for this crap I am going to find a new career. Perhaps its time to go back to school.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice! I am going to try a lil harder to be personable as my clinical manager says and see how it goes. However if I get called in the office one more time for this crap I am going to find a new career. Perhaps its time to go back to school.

Skools cool.

I am a quiet person myself i only really talk when someone says something other wise im quiet specially at work they say how come you dont talk cause im at work your suppose to be workin not talkin.............

Back