Whats the difference in these tires??

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
What's the difference between a D208zr 190/50-17 32TX22 and a D208zr 190/50-17 OE replacement yzf r1?? They have the same measurements, but the OE ones cost $23.00 more. I know OE tires are the ones they come stock when you buy the motorcycle new, but whats the difference in tire.

Metzler M1's have this also. 190/50-17 and 190/50-17 hayabusa, $16.00 more for hayabusa. Whats the difference??

..ok.. All tire manufacturers (bar Dunlop - more on that later..) have a SPECIAL tire type for bikes that go over 300km/h. This type has an extra steel-braided "net" that suppossedly is more supportive at those speeds. Usually there is an extra lettersign on those tyres and I thing it is "R" (in Europe at least..)

Now Dunlop, has this "net" in all its tyres - hence no need to name differently.

I hope this helped..
smile.gif

..ok..   All tire manufacturers (bar Dunlop - more on that later..) have a SPECIAL tire type for bikes that go over 300km/h.   This type has an extra steel-braided "net" that suppossedly is more supportive at those speeds.   Usually there is an extra lettersign on those tyres and I thing it is "R" (in Europe at least..)

Now Dunlop, has this "net" in all its tyres - hence no need to name differently.  

I hope this helped..    
smile.gif
Well it helped for the Sportec M1's. But not the Dunlops. They cost more but same specs, is it just a money scam for people who like to only put OE stuff on their bikes, or is there a dfference.

WTF?

OEM Tires will usually have a particular bent to them. Softer/harder compound, slightly wider, etc. NOT ONE person I have ever talked to regarding tire choice has ever mentioned any REAL reason for the continued use of OEM tires as sole replacements. Besides, do you really want to be putting 6 year old tire technology BACK on your Busa?
rock.gif
Not me no thanks No OEM...

Honestly.. Metzler "P" speck tire I think stands for punk, As in we got to charge you an extra $20 cause your a punk and bought it...
laugh.gif

That's what I figured, a gimic for making money. But you never know, so I asked in case there was a reason for the extra dollars.

WTF?  

OEM Tires will usually have a particular bent to them.  Softer/harder compound, slightly wider, etc.  NOT ONE person I have ever talked to regarding tire choice has ever mentioned any REAL reason for the continued use of OEM tires as sole replacements.  Besides, do you really want to be putting 6 year old tire technology BACK on your Busa?
rock.gif
  Not me no thanks No OEM...

Honestly.. Metzler "P" speck tire I think stands for punk,  As in we got to charge you an extra $20 cause your a punk and bought it...  
laugh.gif
So Rev, I'm assuming that you DON'T use Metzeler's right?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

I believe the first tire sucks, never warms up and slides all over but I think the second tire sucks, never warms up and slides all over. I guess they are the same.
smile.gif
Buy Diablos

Back