What's the best sprocket?

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking to replace both sprockets and get a new chain. I think I've decided on the EK 530ZZZ chain. What is the best brand for sprockets. I've been looking at getting the Vortex (black coated) for the rear, but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

For the cheapest steel sprockets,AFAM, for the absolute strongest and best lookin sprockets,RCC turbos makes em,word of caution, they are NOT cheap.:)

Depends on your style of riding. Wheelies and burnouts? Go steel. Cruzin and blasting away? Any.

Call Charles at streetNtrack. Site sponser. Just ordered up Vortex frt/rear in stock ratio with the EK ZZZ Silver chain.

Not going to hijack the thread but have 17 (stock) /43 (renthal) rear with DID chain for sale soon.

Oh! Already highjacked! Here comes NJ!

wow.gif

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148153918 -->

116_1697.JPG

This is what my 46 looks like from RCC,the dang thing is heavy as fug!
IMG_1119.jpg

NJ,

That looks pretty nice. How much?

This is the beauty shot for the vortex black coated.
Are you sitting down? $200 and change,but trust me,its worth it,with this turbo,I've broke 3 aluminum sprockets,this one just works! Not a mark on it,its hardened somehow and feels like its billet steel,very heavy.NJ.

Are you sitting down? $200 and change,but trust me,its worth it,with this turbo,I've broke 3 aluminum sprockets,this one just works! Not a mark on it,its hardened somehow and feels like its billet steel,very heavy.NJ.
Holy shiznit! I guess if you're pumping out massive HP then you would need one. What's the stock sprocket made of? I think aluminum will work fine for me since I'm not doing anything crazy.

Holy shiznit! I guess if you're pumping out massive HP then you would need one. What's the stock sprocket made of? I think aluminum will work fine for me since I'm not doing anything crazy.
Not too much,prolly in the 300 range,12lbs of boost,I like to pin it then let off when crusin the strip,blowing the BOV,but aluminum sprockets dont like that,this one just keeps on going.Everybody here loves to hear BOV's,so I have to oblige them.NJ.

I've had AFAM sprockets on four different bikes. They've always seemed of good quality. I'd go with them again if I needed a sprocket.

Back