What's slipping??

NOOBusaGary

Registered
So it was finally (just a little) over 40* F and dry, so I took the busa out for a ride. What a beautiful bike! After warming it up I gave some decent throttle, and around 7000 RPM in first something slipped. Revs went way up (10ish), still accelerating pretty well (I noticed the revs, not any other problem). Nice sound, but something was slipping. How do I tell if it was clutch or tire?

--Noob

1st gear in 40 degree temp. Probably was cold tires breaking traction.

"Sorry about the slippage, the O-R-G traction division will be happy to attend to that for you. Please have the Busa delivered to Las Vegas, 89119, and we'll validate, and verify the traction problem. Upon inspection if it "is" a traction issue.....we'll remove what you got, and improve on things a wee bit"
coolold.gif
"Darn first gear traction issues..... "Shheeesh".....
super.gif

So it was finally (just a little) over 40* F and dry, so I took the busa out for a ride.  What a beautiful bike!  After warming it up I gave some decent throttle, and around 7000 RPM in first something slipped.  Revs went way up (10ish), still accelerating pretty well (I noticed the revs, not any other problem).  Nice sound, but something was slipping.  How do I tell if it was clutch or tire?

--Noob
Whats fun is to do that while crossing a slightly raised intersection...then grab second and continue as the back dances and the front lifts..... a little dirt biking on the street can be fun sometimes
laugh.gif
hp's fun aint it?
winkold.gif

Back