What's causing these problems?

justin726

Registered
So right now I'm having some unusual things happening with my bike. To start off with, when I'm going at least 60mph or so and I moderately or firmly grab the front break, there is a definite vibration that shakes everything up front. It doesn't cause the bars to wobble side to side or anything, but it causes the windshield, mirrors, and fairing to shake a lot more that usual. The bike seems to run completely fine down the road, but as soon as you grab some front break, the vibration starts.

Also, possibly a separate issue is when I'm going almost any speed and apply the rear break (even a little) I can feel the bike do a slight weave underneath me. It's like it's trying to make a left turn and then corrects it's self right away. The best way I can describe it is a single "weave" and not really a continuous one.

I basically just got the bike put back together. I had apart the front end to have the fork seals replaced. I put on new Pirelli Diablo's front and rear, and I also put new break pads all around. I took it for a ride and everything seemed all right. I had to take my forks back off and have the dealer fix some damage that they caused when they fixed the for seals. One fork leg got a new outer tube and the other got a new adjuster nut on top. Not the slotted adjuster, but the gold hex shaped one. Now I got everything put back together for the second time and now I'm getting these problems.

On the front end, I'm wondering if the brake pads just aren't making good contact with the rotors, or if I have something out of whack with the forks. On the rear end, I don't know if I don't have the rear wheel aligned right (although I've never had a issue like that before), or if there is another reason that breaking will cause the bike to weave.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

i know its a long shot but are rotors true and could it be an alignment problem
rock.gif

front end alignment. Loose head nut, tires mounted backwards are just a few things. Did you do the work? If not take it back.

Other than reworking the forks, I did the work myself, which I've done quite a few times before.  Just looking for some suggestions before I start tearing into it after work today.  

I think the rotors are allright.  Not getting any pulsing at lower speeds.

I think one of the first things I will double check is if I put the wheel on backwards. Maybe the breaks are grabbing because the rotors are spinning backwards???

If that's good, I'll probably pull the pads back out and make sure everything is good inside the calipers.

Plus start checking over everything else and looking at the allignment.

Thanks for the help so far guys.  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justin726
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141127899 -->

Back