Front stand recommendation

That must be a knockoff of a Bursig. I remember reading a post on here about a guy who could not get his Bursig knockoff pins to fit his busa frame. Sounds like Quiksilver's is working for him. The lever and linkage looks more beefy on the Bursig. The steel might be heavier gauage too but it's not possible to tell from photos. he Bursig looks like it has locking castors which would be a plus if the knockoff doesn't.
BURSIG Center Lift Stand Black BMW R1200R / R1200RS 2015-2018 | eBay

But if I were going to pay for a Bursig, I'd probably just get an Abba Skylift.

The Skylift would be my pick...more expensive but so much more versatile. Only thing is, I wouldn't rely on that stand only for every single wrenching job. Maybe I'm overly cautious but some bolts are SO dang tight to break loose, I think it's only safe if you have a stand that CANNOT tilt backward or forward according to whichever way you are wrenching. I don't think there's one stand that is perfect for every job. Well, I never had a tip over wrenching yet so it's worth the cost of owning a few expensive stands over ten years.
Mythos it's definitely a knock off. I'm sure this stand is inferior to the stand it's cloned from. It's taken some time to trust it but so far it's held up. The main reason I purchased was too make cleaning easier. If I ever need to wrench on the bike I will try to place something under they wheels to stabilize it. This particular lift has locking castor's also. If I had the extra money I would have purchased a name brand lift, but I am broke from paying a note and insurance on a 2020 lol.

That must be a knockoff of a Bursig. I remember reading a post on here about a guy who could not get his Bursig knockoff pins to fit his busa frame. Sounds like Quiksilver's is working for him. The lever and linkage looks more beefy on the Bursig. The steel might be heavier gauage too but it's not possible to tell from photos. he Bursig looks like it has locking castors which would be a plus if the knockoff doesn't.
BURSIG Center Lift Stand Black BMW R1200R / R1200RS 2015-2018 | eBay

But if I were going to pay for a Bursig, I'd probably just get an Abba Skylift.

The Skylift would be my pick...more expensive but so much more versatile. Only thing is, I wouldn't rely on that stand only for every single wrenching job. Maybe I'm overly cautious but some bolts are SO dang tight to break loose, I think it's only safe if you have a stand that CANNOT tilt backward or forward according to whichever way you are wrenching. I don't think there's one stand that is perfect for every job. Well, I never had a tip over wrenching yet so it's worth the cost of owning a few expensive stands over ten years.
I will agree that the abba and maybe the bursig lift are not good for every wrench job. I was on my old 2008 busa trying to bend back the rr bracket and the bike was definitely rocking on the lift.

Back