Please Help! Front stand

make sure the pins are lined up with the holes and as you lift they will go into the their right spots. If you are not lined up good one side will be out of the bottom hole.

Once you get the hang of it is is pretty easy. Letting them down is super easy as I just grab the handle and pull and the rear stand holds the bike.

Page

Unfu---ngbelieveable! Perfectly centered the front stand. Slowly started to raise it up. Next thing I know, One stem comes out of the hole, front wheel slams to the side, and bike is crooked and falling off remaining stem. NEVER AGAIN will I try doing this with this stand! I now have a gouged front rotor as well. This thing needs to be sent back. Man I am sweating I am so upset :(

I guess I was late. Front rotor $250.00 and change, installation not included. I hope through some miracle it's alright.

There has to be a better way of lifting the front end by the forks. Why would those stems be so close to either working or failing instead of slightly longer? I would try it again, but i couldnt possibly line it up any better. Im so frustrated right now. Im going to go have a drink or something to relax. and I dont even drink... This is not what I needed, thats for sure.

I have a vortex front stand that lifts from the tripple tree. I was just judging by the pics. If it grabs it at all it shouldn't slip. The farther you lift the more it's going to go into the hole so you should be fine. And on the way back down it shouldn't pop out before you get it down. Remember you have roughly 239lb (half the weight of the bike) resting on that. That's a lot of tension to hold it in place. I was VERY leary about using mine the first time and did the same thing you are. I started a thread asking all kinds of questions about it and if it was going to be stable and all that because I was just as paranoid as you. I don't see a company with as good a reputation as redline making something that doesn't work the way it's supposed to. It says on the website that it works with the busa, so I wouldn't worry about it. Give it a try, go slow, and I bet you won't have any trouble.
I was curious about the stands that lift the triple tree. That would be a lot more practical than the ones that lift the bottom of the fork. How do you like using it on your Busa?

dadofthree, i doubt there is any miracle to be had. It will probably still function, its just a shame that this happened. i seriously find it hard to believe that the people here would use these if the margin is so close to catastrophe every time the front stand is used.

Unfu---ngbelieveable! Perfectly centered the front stand. Slowly started to raise it up. Next thing I know, One stem comes out of the hole, front wheel slams to the side, and bike is crooked and falling off remaining stem. NEVER AGAIN will I try doing this with this stand! I now have a gouged front rotor as well. This thing needs to be sent back. Man I am sweating I am so upset :(

Man, I'm sorry to hear that! That sucks. Get you a vortex stand with #6 pin and you'll be just fine. Here's a pic of mine, and THIS is a link to the stand.

New tires 007.jpg

I was curious about the stands that lift the triple tree. That would be a lot more practical than the ones that lift the bottom of the fork. How do you like using it on your Busa?

I love it! And it gives you the option of doing work on the forks. If you use something that lifts from the forks, obviously they have to stay on the bike. The only thing about the vortex is it seems to require a little more effort that it would have to if the handle was a little longer, but it's not that big a deal. It's a VERY sturdy stand, well constructed with thick tubing and heavy duty casters. I love it and highly recomend it to anyone looking for a front stand.

dadofthree, i doubt there is any miracle to be had. It will probably still function, its just a shame that this happened. i seriously find it hard to believe that the people here would use these if the margin is so close to catastrophe every time the front stand is used.

I've actually been using the same or similar stands for some time now. The front stand has always scared me.

Roll your bike a few feet in the garage and use the front brake. Hopefully the lever doesn't pull to the grip on ya.

Like I said man you had a bad feeling you should have just called Ian and see what he had to say would have been cheaper :poke:.

The guy's already feeling bad enough. . . Why you gonna go throw the "I told ya so" at him?:poke:

Because he already knew something was not right and I had already told him to get input from the man who builds the damn things and I am pretty positive Ian would have taken care of him. Not to mention daddy always told me to trust your gut instinct as it is right 99.9 percent of the time. :fight:

im not really sure ian would have had anything to say besides "i been making these for x number of years, and everyone says they work just fine etc" so since he also is not open at 900 at night, i figured i would try the product the way it was intended to be used. either way im gonna be out some money now. sending it back will cost money too, so that option may not even be that good. i better sleep this one off before sending any emails i might regret later. for those who tried to help me, thank you very much. anyone else using these front stands, i welcome your input as well.

im not really sure ian would have had anything to say besides "i been making these for x number of years, and everyone says they work just fine etc" so since he also is not open at 900 at night, i figured i would try the product the way it was intended to be used. either way im gonna be out some money now. sending it back will cost money too, so that option may not even be that good. i better sleep this one off before sending any emails i might regret later. for those who tried to help me, thank you very much. anyone else using these front stands, i welcome your input as well.

Well again I say call the man and explain what happen I BET HE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU :poke::poke::poke:

I have used mine for a few years now. They are tedious at first, but get easier once you find the sweet spot.

If you need a rotor, I may have a oem for you as you can tell in the pic I am working around ABM's.

As with any stand, front or rear, you need to be comfortable with using them.:beerchug:

I love it! And it gives you the option of doing work on the forks. If you use something that lifts from the forks, obviously they have to stay on the bike. The only thing about the vortex is it seems to require a little more effort that it would have to if the handle was a little longer, but it's not that big a deal. It's a VERY sturdy stand, well constructed with thick tubing and heavy duty casters. I love it and highly recomend it to anyone looking for a front stand.
Thanks. I've already got one of the kind with the two rubber-covered rods sticking out horizontally (unlike the pin type). Thinking I should get a stand that lifts the triple tree instead. Thanks for posting the pics.

Speednut, I completely feel your pain. I am so sorry for you dude. It totally sucks.

Back