Harbor Freight front M/C Stand Review

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
Let me say this first, I have a Pitbull rear stand and just bought a commercial rear stand from Redline for my son in laws bike....both great products.

Trying to save some bucks on a front stand for myself, I decided to try the Harbor Freight stand $49 total. Basically, you order the rear stand and then buy the front fork adapters separately. I was not real impressed with the quality of the front fork adapters, but the stand looked reasonably solid.

I go to lift the Busa with my son holding the bike upright, wouldn't budge. Put it up on the rear stand so he could help try and lift the front. The two of us were able to lift it up. After a couple of rounds I figured out I could put my feet on the wheels and pull to get the bike up. Started taking the front axle out and realized the stand was FLEXING enough that the axle could not slide out without coming in contact with the stand. After I saw that, I quickly put it back together and chalked 49 bucks up to lesson learned. Gonna let Mr. Dealer put this front one on, then off to Redline for their industrial front stand.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence about the HF Stand.:banghead:

Just some advice for the future.
Always have the bike on the rear stand when using a front stand.
Never use the front alone.

I hear you on the Back and Front lift only.

An update that somewhat helps, Harbor Freight is going to let me return both pieces and they are picking up the return freight cost.

Not a good product, but great customer service.

Let me say this first, I have a Pitbull rear stand and just bought a commercial rear stand from Redline for my son in laws bike....both great products.

Trying to save some bucks on a front stand for myself, I decided to try the Harbor Freight stand $49 total. Basically, you order the rear stand and then buy the front fork adapters separately. I was not real impressed with the quality of the front fork adapters, but the stand looked reasonably solid.

I go to lift the Busa with my son holding the bike upright, wouldn't budge. Put it up on the rear stand so he could help try and lift the front. The two of us were able to lift it up. After a couple of rounds I figured out I could put my feet on the wheels and pull to get the bike up. Started taking the front axle out and realized the stand was FLEXING enough that the axle could not slide out without coming in contact with the stand. After I saw that, I quickly put it back together and chalked 49 bucks up to lesson learned. Gonna let Mr. Dealer put this front one on, then off to Redline for their industrial front stand.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence about the HF Stand.:banghead:

Always, always put the bike on the rear stand before putting it on the front stand. You have to be careful with the redline front stand unless they've changed the design. I have the industrial front and rear and have had good service out of them, but you just have to be careful. Front rotors are $250 / a side parts only.

I am VERY happy with the raw aluminum rear stand I bought frm Harbor Freight. very sturdy
Posted via Mobile Device

By knowing the price of the front rotors in a "front stand" discussion, makes me think that someone has "learned" a valuable lesson.

Speaking from experience, I know the cost to replace all the fairings and exhaust on the left side of a Busa.

Last edited:
Well this is both good and bad news to hear since I own Redline. While I hope site members will come to site sponsors first I understand the need to save money. Most everything I've gotten from H.F. was junk, including the wheel chock I bought from them. Give us a shout when you're ready and we'll get you a quality stand sent out. It may cost a little more but you'll be happy with it.

Ian Gilmore
Redline Engineering, Sportbike Swingarm Paddock Race Stands Sport Bike Motorcycle Lifts Swing Arm Stand Jack Suzuki Kawasaki Honda Yamaha
901-351-4746

If you read the first post, you'll see I just bought a Redline rear stand for my son in law. Good stand, good price...and you wrap them incredibly well for shipment.:laugh:

I am VERY happy with the raw aluminum rear stand I bought frm Harbor Freight. very sturdy
Posted via Mobile Device

I def agree. I've had it for a few weeks now and I check up on the bike everyday to make sure the stand is holding up. I haven't had any problems yet. (knock on wood)
Posted via Mobile Device

If you read the first post, you'll see I just bought a Redline rear stand for my son in law. Good stand, good price...and you wrap them incredibly well for shipment.:laugh:

Yeah I saw; thanks for the business! It takes me about 15 minutes just to wrap up one stand. I get so tired of bubble wrapping stands but all in all I'm still glad to have steady work in times like these.

Ian

Back