No brake lights!!!!

igorsgonemadd

Registered
Ok so I cahanged out front and rear rearsets. got everything back together and my break lights dont work. At first I thought maybe I just didnt adjust the breaklight swith on the rear mastercylinder but when I squeeze the front break I have no break lights either. The break switch on the rear master just controls the rear brake right? Could I have just unplugged somethhing? HEEEELP!!!!

Thinking fuse, too. What would you have disconnected electrically in changing out your rear sets? Did you say the rear works?

The break switch on the rear master just controls the rear brake right? Could I have just unplugged somethhing? HEEEELP!!!!

Yes! Rear switch controls only the rear. Are these OEM rear sets where the position may have changed or the travel length for the switch to be pulled on could have changed?

Did you have the tail section off? If so (I know you probably checked) did you plug the tail light back in?:whistle:

I didnt take it completely off. The pulled up far enough to get them on and off. The tailight works as do the turn sgnals, just no brakes

I had a problem the other day with them staying on the whole time and i remembered i took the rear set off and the spring that controls the rear break lite was not hooked up all the way, so i adjusted it, and it started working again! dont know if this is your problem or if you dont have any at all... if none at all check the fuse, then look at your wireing under the tail section.

Ok I figured it out. Man, you know how sometimes the absolute easiest fix just eludes you for no apparent reason. It wasn't that my break lights wouldnt come on it was that they wouldnt go off. Therefore when I hit the brakes of course my tailight didnt change. All I had to do was adjust my switch and give it a little more slack.:banghead::banghead::banghead: Sometimes I wonder how I manage to dress myself everyday!!

Ok I figured it out. Man, you know how sometimes the absolute easiest fix just eludes you for no apparent reason. It wasn't that my break lights wouldnt come on it was that they wouldnt go off. Therefore when I hit the brakes of course my tailight didnt change. All I had to do was adjust my switch and give it a little more slack.:banghead::banghead::banghead: Sometimes I wonder how I manage to dress myself everyday!!

The hole is in front, the zipper goes in the front, and the laces go on the top, oh, and the tags go in the back.....anything else, just let me know !!! :oldcool:

Back