What traveling lock do own and use

What do you use to lock up the busa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

warezdog

Registered
Was looking at the road lock primarily cause where I park my busa at home is bullet proof in a concrete underground garage with overhead door and a 5/8 inch chain wrapped around a supporting column thru both rims.

But while I am out and about and maybe overnight somewhere I don't like putting a 50 pound chain and lock in my backpack!

So I was looking at rotor locks and other options, what do you guys/gals use and like the most?

A 8' heavy cable the gets locked with a hardened security shackle. I also arm the Scorpio and have a loaded gun close by me if someone is persistent. The cable goes through the frame and a wheel, then to something solidly anchored to the ground.

Last edited:
Just remember, 4 big dudes and a pickup and your baby is gone if it ain't shackled down to something solid...road loks and such only keep the wimpy crooks at bay. 2hip

RoadLok.. :thumbsup:

2000 Low Budget Busa 028 (Small).jpg

Locks are just a wast of money and your time putting them on! They can just take the bolts out of the rotor or simply pick it up and walk away with it. I saw a TV show once where thieves that specialized in just such a market showed how they just pull up with a van and two to three of them just pick the bike up and off they go in no time. Hell! back in 2003 at Myrtle Beach Bike Week this group of girls and guys all chained their bikes to a concrete column in the hotel parking garage. All four bikes were gone and the lock and chain was still around the column (Locked). To me the best thing is going to be an alarm with a paging device if you want to get fancy with it.

As I said. A Scorpio alarm (i900 and i600 both may a two-way paging remote), and a handy firearm for those who think it's a free bike anyway.

:thumbsup:

I have a Scorpio I-600 and a Roadlok on my 08. I was a Beta tester for Roadlok's 08 model, and I went ahead and purchased it after the testing was over.

I have a roadlok; as was said - any lock will only keep honest people honest... but for actual locks, I looked and couldn't find anything better than the RoadLok.

RoadLok + Scorpio + Glock= someone else's bike is going to be easier to steal than mine which is all i am trying to do...i can't make it impossible, i am just trying to get them to move on down the row to another bike :beerchug:

What does the scorpio cost and are there sponsors here that sell them?
Still cant get a carry permit in MD even with my carry permit from florida, have to be a victim of a violent crime here in Maryland first before you can apply for a concealed carry permit....

What does the scorpio cost and are there sponsors here that sell them?
Still cant get a carry permit in MD even with my carry permit from florida, have to be a victim of a violent crime here in Maryland first before you can apply for a concealed carry permit....

So you have to be nearly killed before you can protest yourself? ???

I have a roadlok; as was said - any lock will only keep honest people honest... but for actual locks, I looked and couldn't find anything better than the RoadLok.

But they are so expensive for a 2008. I need to get something. Was thinking the Scorpio i600 + Xena lock + Ruger .380 LCP. This is while out and about.

I have the RoadLok and love it. At home it's protected by locked garage, RoadLok and 2 german shepherds who love their busa. (not to mention my rifle and I love my busa)

When away from home I rely on the RoadLok. It's enough deterrent to keep "thieves of opportunity" away. If they really really want it, they'll just walk up to you with a gun when you're about to get on and ride off. So carry full insurance. Bike can be replaced.

Roadlok for gen 1 busas are $75 delivered to your door if you call the phone number and ask chief X. If you purchase online it is double that price. I ordered mine on 29 July and received it today.

all i have is a scorpio i500 with proximity sensor, but i will soon buy one of those thick chains with a lock on it. i have 22k on my bike but i usually stay close enough to my bike that i havent need a lock. i park right next to the entrance at my work and the bike is on camera plus we have police as security. at home i park in the garage. but i will get the chain and lock and between that and the alarm noone should b able to get it with out getting my attention

Was looking at the road lock primarily cause where I park my busa at home is bullet proof in a concrete underground garage with overhead door and a 5/8 inch chain wrapped around a supporting column thru both rims.

But while I am out and about and maybe overnight somewhere I don't like putting a 50 pound chain and lock in my backpack!

So I was looking at rotor locks and other options, what do you guys/gals use and like the most?

Invest in recovery.. Locks an chains only do so much.... then again a good alarm an a .45 great deterrent. Lojack/Mojo or something like that

Back