What To Do About Raingear?

I always have Frog Togs in my hump ready to go. I believe the new Wal-Mart $20 rain suit is similar materials, the F.T.'s are $50-75 at cycle places.

Frogg toggs
ThumbsUp.gif

Two more things I need to do:

1. See if my Frogg Toggs will fit over my leathers
2. buy a tank bag

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Rayabusa0818 @ Apr. 14 2008 said:
1374400[/ATTACH] PM]
Dear Jaddie:

Bring raingear!
Dear Randy

Why would you say that
laugh.gif

Don
Dear Don:

I remember, about 2 years ago in Robbinsville.

I see this guy in the doorway of my suite at the Phillips - its raining like a cow pi**in on a flat rock and I have decided NOT to ride, its too nasty out!

He says "well, guess we will get in some rainy weather riding today".

6 hours later I had ridden in the rain for 5 hours!

I still have no idea what that ride through Gatlinburg looked like, I was SOAKED and my shield never shook the fog! All I remember was at the END of the ride, we came to Robbinsville from the other side of the Dragon - again IN THE RAIN!

Dear Jaddie, BRING RAINGEAR  
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif
Dear Randy,

You forgot to mention the "helpful" Harley Shop in Gatlinburg
laugh.gif

Your friend

Don
Seems like I remember that ride, sure was foggy on top of the mountain between Cherokee and Gatlinburg wasnt it.
laugh.gif
Now you know we had fun that day, and its memories like that that you will always remember. I rode home, 120 miles that night in the rain. The plastic KMart rain suit was tore to shreads by the time I got home.

Jaddie, Buy a good nylon rain suit. Newenough.com has some good ones. See ya at the bash.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Jaddie,  Buy a good nylon rain suit. Newenough.com has some good ones.
Dear Tim & Friends

I decided to take my chances with a PVC suit, the FirstGear Clutch two-piece job for US$34.15 at New Enough. If this suit falls apart quickly, I'll go with one of the nylon suits. Maybe then I'll be better able to afford one. I'm buying a lot of things at once, and it's been difficult to figure out what and where to buy.

I also bought a Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak sportbike cover, security cable with padlock, Sidi Vertigo Air boots, rain boot covers, Joe Rocket Ballistic 7 textile pants and Big Bang gloves with gel palms, and the Cortech Sport Tail Bag. I'm tapped out now.

I wouldn't have been able to spring for the swanky boots if it hadn't been for Chris Cason (GSXtacy). Chris hooked me up with an excellent source, and I'm very, very grateful for Chris's help! Chris's source also gave me truly great deals on the pants and gloves.

Thank you for all of your replies! I look forward to meeting and riding with y'all at the Bash.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
georgiabusa_05 @ Apr. 14 2008 said:
1374685[/ATTACH] PM]
Dear Tim & Friends

I decided to take my chances with a PVC suit, the FirstGear Clutch two-piece job for US$34.15 at New Enough. If this suit falls apart quickly, I'll go with one of the nylon suits. Maybe then I'll be better able to afford one. I'm buying a lot of things at once, and it's been difficult to figure out what and where to buy.

I also bought a Nelson-Rigg Silver Streak sportbike cover, security cable with padlock, Sidi Vertigo Air boots, rain boot covers, Joe Rocket Ballistic 7 textile pants and Big Bang gloves with gel palms, and the Cortech Sport Tail Bag. I'm tapped out now.

I wouldn't have been able to spring for the swanky boots if it hadn't been for Chris Cason (GSXtacy). Chris hooked me up with an excellent source, and I'm very, very grateful for Chris's help! Chris's source also gave me truly great deals on the pants and gloves.

Thank you for all of your replies! I look forward to meeting and riding with y'all at the Bash.
The PVC suit will work just fine Jaddie. I hope we wont need any of that anyway. Your going to love those SIDI boots, great choice. I got my bike in 05 and I am still getting things I need. It will all work out. See ya at the bash.
smile.gif

Tim
smile.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

smile.gif

OK man common sense here BUY RAIN GEAR!!! And what is up with the Dear all the time this board is pretty infomal you know that right?  
whistling.gif
Cut him some slack Adam...He's like the "Dear Abby" of H.org...
I kinda like it. Gives character.
clap.gif

And Dear Jaddie,,,Tourmaster is teh way to go bro!
whistling.gif

whistling.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
georgiabusa_05 @ Apr. 14 2008 said:
1374771[/ATTACH] PM]
Dear Tim & Friends

The PVC suit will work just fine Jaddie.  I hope we wont need any of that anyway. Your going to love those SIDI boots, great choice.  I got my bike in 05 and I am still getting things I need. It will all work out.  See ya at the bash.  
smile.gif

Tim  
smile.gif
shid, I got mine in 02 and still buying things
laugh.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

smile.gif

Dear Tim:

That was NOT fog!
Because of the elevation, we were actually standing in the middle of what was a massive rain cloud.
It was not raining, we were in the atmospheric birth place of the rain - the mist congealing into droplets that were hovering around us like something from a sci-fi movie!

My only rain gear was neatsfoot oiled leather and Gaerne boots that held water like a two buckets!

Good memory though, your right there!

Dear Jaddie, bring rain gear!

Aw shucks riding in the rain isn't so bad...I have been known to do it for hours at a time...like maybe Daphne to Sale Creek...
smile.gif

post_12_74522_IMG_0142.jpg

Dear Everyone,

You're going to look splendid around the fire pit all dolled up in rain gear...

Not Jaddie

glad you were able to get hooked up with Roger, he definitely takes care of us
beerchug.gif

just a thought but if we all got the same rain gear and wore it while putting tp on a certain bike, VaB's wouldn't know which one of us to blame
firedevil.gif

when it rains, i dont ride.... unless of course im out riding when it starts raining.. then i get rained on while busting azz to get back to home base!!!

when it rains, i dont ride....  unless of course im out riding when it starts raining..  then i get rained on while busting azz to get back to home base!!!
+1 Ozzy

If I can't ride the way I like (which is not possible in the rain) then I don't ride. Which is why I'm not even going to bother bringing rain gear to ride in. I think I have some $1.00 ponchos left over from the football games I'll throw in the hump to get me by. They're about the size of a deck of cards.

Back