What tires should I go with?

crepitus

Registered
So its that time again for new tires. My last set was Power Pilots and I got 6k miles out of them. Was thinking of just getting the same ones since they can be had for 215 for both. I think thats a good deal. Dont want to spend a boat load of doe. Was thinking about the Pilot Roads but they are more money. What do you think?

i rode the power pilot duel ct's and got over 9k out of the rear and 17 or so out of the front. remember you get what u pay for.

right now i am riding pirilli diablo's and so far so good have about 3 k on the set and they are doing well

shinkos are dead cheap decent for drag but have a horible radius if ur into the twistys there not that great

If you can get 9K miles on a set of PP's, for $215 you can't beat another set. While the PR's may give you more miles the price of the PP's makes the cost per mile very similar. The PP's will give much better grip than the PR's which could come in very handy at some point?

just priced out PP2ct. About $25 more for the set. What the difference between the PP and PP2ct

PP2ct is a PP with a very small sliver of softer rubber on the outside bitter edge. You will never notice the difference. I'd go with the cheaper PP's.

I got PP's for $202 including shipping.. I have about 150 miles on them. About 50 times better than the Shinko Raven's they replace (waste of money).

Have any of you guys looked at a set of Pirelli Angels? They are some pretty good tires and I will probably end up getting close to 10k out of them by the time I have to replace them.

I have been using BT-003RS (Race/Street) the last 2 sets with great success at the track and in the twisties.
Next best thing to med soft race tires on the sides and still decent miles in the centers.
I just added a new set for the Busa Bash and look forward to removing the CS from them :thumbsup:

busahunt.jpg

Last edited:
I am running the metzeler interact K3 best tyre so far,compared to my last M3

Back