What tires do u guys use on a turbo hayabusa?

Freechance

Registered
I have a 2000 turbo hayabusa , with a 240 avon tire..For some reason i cant get the tire to hook up...if i even try to speed up fast i get wheel spin..at 100 mph i can still spin the tire!! What kind of tire u guys running on these bikes?i dont want to buy a tire that does the same thing..i dont race it much but want a nice all around tire that dont spin all the time...

Turbo??? I think they are called slicks :poke: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry couldn't resist since I am a turbo wanna be here are some that are hooking up nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
I never head any one talk about this problem on the street..i dont even ride my bike hard or ride the clutch out... Im talking about normal riding...u cant even ride the bike hard if u wanted too..

The main issue in your case is the 240 tire, it isn't as performance oriented as say a 190. If you have an extended swingarm, they have a tendency to move the tire away from the vertical center of gravity (picture a vertical line drawn through your bike at the back of the engine cylinders) which causes less effective weight on the rear tire (think "downforce" but not areo-dynamics, just weight). The result is less force keeping the tire planted against the road and a higher likelihood of tire slip. The solution is to shorten the swingarm.

Definitely the Diablo's!! I run those on mine but only have stock tires. Like others have said, that's the only real "sticky" option in the 240 tires. No matter what though you're going to find the back loose unless it's up to full operating temp and on good asphalt. Probably still be slippin' on concrete under boost.

Thanks for the info..ill try the diablo next time i need tires..im going to wear this avon tire out first..these tires are high..i really dont think my bike is stretched that much...im not sure what lenght it is...what is the diablo tire speed rated at? Does anyone know off hand,if not i can look it up..

Thanks for the info..ill try the diablo next time i need tires..im going to wear this avon tire out first..these tires are high..i really dont think my bike is stretched that much...im not sure what lenght it is...what is the diablo tire speed rated at? Does anyone know off hand,if not i can look it up..

Z rated - 149+mph

Back