What Tires Do you Run?

deon_hackstall

Registered
Just curious what type of tires everyone else uses and how many miles are they getting out of them..

My last three sets have been Michelin Pilot Power 2ct's,,,, I love the fact that they are light weight, really stable in turns, and good in wet conditions. I only get 3000 miles out of them though with regular use.. If I'm lucky.

Ran Metzeler Sportech M3's for the last 2 sets of tires and had no problems out of them whatsoever. Held up in twisties, rain, and pretty much all PA/OH road conditions. Got probably around 5k miles give or take out of each back tire. Never really heard anybody else running them.

Heard a lot of good feedback regarding the Dunlop Q3's so I just got a set with the promotional rebate. Too good 2 pass up. Bike is still the the shop but I can't wait 2 test them out :thumbsup:

Michelin Pilot Power 3's....put these on at the beginning of the riding season here in OH. Have 3,000 mi on them. Front shows no wear and the rear is just now beginning to develop a small flat area. Will easily do another 3-4,000. I do twisties, street and highway with these and have been stuck in downpours on the e-way. These bad boys stick like glue!!

pirelli tires from day 1... have angle gt on now great tire. longer tread wear in the center and i can still carve up the dragon knee down without any issues what so ever. never once slipped

Ran Metzeler Sportech M3's for the last 2 sets of tires and had no problems out of them whatsoever. Held up in twisties, rain, and pretty much all PA/OH road conditions. Got probably around 5k miles give or take out of each back tire. Never really heard anybody else running them.

Heard a lot of good feedback regarding the Dunlop Q3's so I just got a set with the promotional rebate. Too good 2 pass up. Bike is still the the shop but I can't wait 2 test them out :thumbsup:
im running them on my old honda and was going to try them on the busa...

I just got $177 deal on a set of Continental Conti-motions... Anyone have any thoughts on them? I figured I would give them a shot if I only get 3k out of them I am still ahead of the game with that price. I am just worried about grip

On Busa's i've run a mix of tyres.
BT56....OEM ...garbage
BT015...OEM .....nothing special
Metz M3.....nice in the dry....2500 miles
Metz Z6.....nice til they wore 75% then felt totally wrong...great in the wet/cold/snow...lasted around 6000 miles
Dunlop Roadsmart 1's....loved them...7000 miles in all conditions
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's.....nice in all but cold conditions...sold the bike before racking up any big miles.
Now just fitted Bridgestone T30's.....good so far, feel very like the Roadsmarts....wanted PR4 but GT spec wasn't available and the T30's were 20% cheaper anyway.

I just got $177 deal on a set of Continental Conti-motions... Anyone have any thoughts on them? I figured I would give them a shot if I only get 3k out of them I am still ahead of the game with that price. I am just worried about grip

I have wanted to try those but like you was worried about the grip. We ride two up and I need something that will stick to the road.

I heard numerous recommendations for Shinko Raven 009's, so I'm trying them. The front is 120/70 and the rear is 200/50. I have Carrozzeria's and the rear is wider than stock Suzuki rears. When I had the 190/50 it had a flat profile and felt less stable, the wheel is too wide for that size. I had it way over and it never slipped, but I could feel the edge, it felt less than perfect, so I went back for the 200/50 size. I've only got 150 to 200 miles so far, but it feels much better. The front stays planted, but we don't have many twistys around here, except on-ramps and they're all covered with whatever drips off the bottom of all the cars and ratty old pick up's. There are some high speed curves on a couple of quiet reads, but I have to wait for all the summer tourist traffic to go home

I just installed the front tire. For a $67 front tire, it's a hell of a deal. I went on a short ride yesterday and it did just fine. Amazon has the best deals on them.

Michelin Pilot Powers. (1)

Friend of mind purchased them but gota good offer on his bike before installing them.
Sold them to me (Front/Rear) for $100. That's right. Brand new for $100
I have about 300-400 miles on them and I'm extremely Happy.
Was caught in one downpour and I was pretty much impressed with the performance in the raid.
Prior bike had Dunlop Qualifiers and I was kinda happy with those.

But I love these michelins

Just put some Pirelli Angel GT's on my rubber shredder.

We will see how it goes, chasing miles this time.

We should create a sticky poll thread with tire makes, mileage and rating to capture everyone's experience.

On Busa's i've run a mix of tyres.
BT56....OEM ...garbage
BT015...OEM .....nothing special
Metz M3.....nice in the dry....2500 miles
Metz Z6.....nice til they wore 75% then felt totally wrong...great in the wet/cold/snow...lasted around 6000 miles
Dunlop Roadsmart 1's....loved them...7000 miles in all conditions
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's.....nice in all but cold conditions...sold the bike before racking up any big miles.
Now just fitted Bridgestone T30's.....good so far, feel very like the Roadsmarts....wanted PR4 but GT spec wasn't available and the T30's were 20% cheaper anyway.

thought the GT spec were only for lardy tourees like pan europeans, currently on std PR4's ,for rears 1 set 4,000 miles 2nd set should do 5,000, front at 7,500 is starting to go triangular

best tyre i have had fitted were the Dunlop sportsmart sportmax 2 , rears only lasted 3,000 but were fantastic, in the dry, wet and LSR

i have had 2 sets of rear PPOWER3, 3,500 and 3,700 from rear, easy 6,500 from front before cupping

Have your suspension adjusted properly
and you shouldn't see any more cupping
on the front tire.

Here in the states our Busa's cup the front
tire on the left side, your cupping should be
on the right side of your front tire.

Anybody know why that is ???

Back